Valued Contributor

Re: Longmire has been cancelled by A&E after 3 seasons!

So much for the "Arts" part of the "Art and Entertainment Network." All they want to do are the cheap, tacky reality programs. Longmire was their SECOND rated show on the network after Duck Dynasty. What a waste.......I really hope someone picks it up.

Respected Contributor

I am so tired of all the reality shows and was really hoping that Longmire would return. So sad to hear that it has been cancelled. I too hope that someone else picks them up.

Honored Contributor

I saw where the producers are shopping other channels to see if they want to pick it up. It has to be a very popular show for that to happen, but it's been done before.

I don't see how some of these shows are renewed time after time. They are so v^ulger and argumentative (i.e. Mother hates daughter, husband hates wife).

We saw beautiful real country when we saw Longmire. It was wonderful to see the outdoors other than someone's house (sitcoms), etc.

Respected Contributor

I stopped watching the show because I didn't want to see the episode about Vic and her husband being kidnapped and I certainly didn't want to see Vic romantically linked with Walt. Really, for me, the whole last season was starting to go in a direction that I didn't want to watch. Before that, I quite liked the show.

Respected Contributor

On 8/31/2014 annabellethecat said:

I saw where the producers are shopping other channels to see if they want to pick it up. It has to be a very popular show for that to happen, but it's been done before.

I don't see how some of these shows are renewed time after time. They are so v^ulger and argumentative (i.e. Mother hates daughter, husband hates wife).

We saw beautiful real country when we saw Longmire. It was wonderful to see the outdoors other than someone's house (sitcoms), etc.

Again I must have missed some thing in order to watch Blacklist I have pay $2-3 per episode or buy the DVD, for $34- but I think for Longmire Netflix and Prime you can watch for free..

Honored Contributor

No, I meant they are shopping to produce it for another cable channel for next year. That's what I read. I'm not talking about the re-runs. I'm talking about new shows.

Respected Contributor

Oh dear I just watched the first 10 min and every other word is potty mouth so for this one I missed nothing I hope Blacklist is not like that....

I don't go to movies because of these words I have enough trouble keeping my mind worthy dealing with the world....

Regular Contributor

This is A & E's most highly rated show & cancelling it makes absolutely no sense. I no longer have any reason to watch A & E. I hope they find another network. First The Glades & now this.

Honored Contributor

I heard again tonight on XM's Entertainment Weekly that the producers are 'shopping' the show. This means they are seriously looking for a station (cable) to pick it up.

It does happen. Not a lot but it does happen.

Keep your fingers crossed.

Honored Contributor

Did Branch kill his father?