Esteemed Contributor

Re: Longmire has been cancelled by A&E after 3 seasons!

Still can't believe they cancelled this show! What are they thinking? LM

Respected Contributor

I just read that Longmire might be picked up by either Netflix or Amazon. I don't get either one.

Honored Contributor

I don't think that's fair. I can get pretty much all of it thanks to my son-in-law but I think everyone should get to see a show without having to pay individually for them.

Don't worry, someone here can probably figure out a way. Let's just wait. Let's just hope someone picks it up.

It makes sense someone would pick it up.

Valued Contributor

Hey ladies,

Just found this article on USAToday, tells why Longmire was cancelled - not enough youg people were watching even though it was A&E's 2nd rated show.

Ursula Coyote, A&E

This photo does a pretty good job of summing up how fans of Longmire feel toward A&E after the network canceled the show recently.

They may be wondering why the series was even on the chopping block in the first place, considering it’s the cable network’s second-most-watched show behind Duck Dynasty.

The short — and perhaps shortsighted — answer is that its fans skew too old for advertisers.

The median Longmire fan is 60 years old, well outside the 18-49 demographic that we’ve been told time and again is the only one Madison Avenue cares about.

This Marketplace story calls B.S. on the shopworn theory that older viewers are stuck in their ways and averse to trying new products and services.

Meanwhile, fans can take solace in the knowledge that the show, starring Robert Taylor and Katee Sackoff, is not dead yet. Deadline.com reports that parent studio Warner Horizon will be shopping the show around immediately in hopes of getting it picked up by another network.

Honored Contributor

As I've bla blaed here all too often, I listen to Entertainment Weekly on XM Radio.

They were just (innocently) talking about some of the new TV shows and whether or not they are going to go anywhere.

They specifically said that Red Band Society would do better if it had a different lead in TV show. They said people between teens and in their 20's will probably watch the show and if they do it will do well.

They often talk about the dynamics of 'the ages'. By the time you are 40 years old (male or female) you're out of the counting. In other words, they don't give a @#$ what any of us watches (well there are probably some youngsters here, but not as many of us 'others').

I do not understand this. Here's something else they said, (talking about a show that comes on on Friday night), "Well, it won't last because everyone knows no one (especially young people) won't be watching TV on Friday night".

What? So, everyone goes out on Friday, Saturday nights? Because I can tell you there isn't much on. Based on many of the shows they load them up Sunday - Thursday.

Phew! Now I'll go sit down.