Honored Contributor

Re: Long Island Medium -What Do You Believe?

@moon_gazer  Actually the dagger nails are back in again.  But Theresa's arent daggers, they're shovels.  The daggers are the pointy ones. (Hate those too.)

Honored Contributor

I can't watch the show since I can't stand her....the hair, nails, etc.

Honored Contributor

There are plenty of YouTube videos of her trying to make predictions in a live audience and getting it wrong. I do believe there are some true psychics that help the police etc. but that is rare, and that there are many false psychics trying to make money off of vulnerable hurting people looking for answers.

Honored Contributor

@colliemom4 wrote:

There are plenty of YouTube videos of her trying to make predictions in a live audience and getting it wrong. I do believe there are some true psychics that help the police etc. but that is rare, and that there are many false psychics trying to make money off of vulnerable hurting people looking for answers.

She's not making predictions but relaying messages so when she is with a crowd, it seems it would be hard to pinpoint who the message was coming for and if several are coming through for different people it could cause confusion.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

I know that Mediums are real, but not everyone who claims to be a Medium is.

i know there is a spiritual world that we become part of when we leave the material world.

i am not guessing, I know.  I, as well as my youngest son have been blessed if you want to call it that, with the gift of communication with people who are in the spiritual world. We are not Mediums.

i have no idea if the Long Island Medium is real and can communicate with people who have  passed but, I am sure if she is , she is like me.  I don’t care if people believe or not.  It doesn’t matter.

i have read that she suffered a lot of fear and anxiety as a child.  My son did too.  It is very frightening for a child to see spirits. Based on that, if it is a true fact, she probably is.    

I question how she can communicate with specific spirits when she wants to, maybe She embellishes on occasion...

Her hair style and nails are a personal choice, different than what most people would want, but  we are not copies of  each other. There is nothing wrong with looking different.

If you want to have an experience, spend some time in my son’s house.  It is not always active, but when it is, i don’t  Know how he stays there..he lives alone.

Feel free to elaborate.

I don't believe in mediums, but I'd like to hear about what your son sees and hears.

Honored Contributor

@Pook wrote:

@colliemom4 wrote:

She's not making predictions but relaying messages so when she is with a crowd, it seems it would be hard to pinpoint who the message was coming for and if several are coming through for different people it could cause confusion.  

@PookWhatever you want to call it. If she's giving false "messages" it could cause confusion as well. People are free of course to believe would they wish, but I don't believe in her.

Super Contributor

As for the extremely long nails, I worry about bacteria. There are so many issues as to what could be hiding beneath those nails. 

JMHO

Honored Contributor

@YorkieonmyPillow

Sorry this is so long.

Right before my son was born, while I was pregnant, we purchased an older five bedroom home in the town here both my DH and I grew up.

Right afterwards, I began seeing a man around 30 years old wearing a tan suit with sandy blonde hair.  I would just get glimpses of him on occasion just being there.

Then I noticed that things in the house would be moved.  Mostly things that you could trip over of fall on....like kids toys.

Once I woke up and saw this man standing over me while I was sleeping.  He was very close and scared me.  I started to scream and my DH jumped up, got his  gun and went running out into the hall way to find the man that I said was in our bedroom.  He never got that close to me again.

This “man” who lived with us also woke me in the middle of the night when my oldest son, fell between the mattress and the rail of his bunk bed and was hanging by his neck.    He saved my son’s life.  He wasn’t a bad or evil spirit, he was helpful, but weird having him there. 

I never told  anyone about him because  I didn’t want them to think I was crazy.  My religion teaches that what was happening was evil and wrong...but it wasn’t.

Right after my mother passed, I began to see him more often and everyday.

We lived in that home ten years, then built the present one we live in now.

My youngest son had many problems as a child.  He was fearful and a selective mute in school.  He was afraid of the dark and of people in general.  Too many problems to go into.

After we moved, I was finally telling my DH that I was glad to be in our new unhaunted  home.  I told my DH what I was seeing and my youngest son overheard the conversation...and he said he saw the “man” too.  Long story short, these sightings caused many of my son’s problems, but he never told anyone.  I never told anyone either.  If I would have known, we would have moved, though I don’t think it would have  done any good.

My son and I have both had a few sightings in our new home, but not many.

About three years ago, my son purchased a home in an upscale neighborhood.  The home is about 20 years old.  He lives alone.

After a few months, he began to hear people talking...like a couple of people having a conversation.  He couldn’t not make out what they were saying though.  He has a finished basement with a separate utility room.  He was checking out something in that room, when he was pushed from behind.....really hard.

He wakes up at 3am often... Like I do when spirits are around.  He has two cell phones...personal and work.  Both will be drained to zero at night even though they had a full charge and were not used. He can’t store any type of batteries in his house.  They are drained overnight. Lights turn on and off.

Doors slam shut and locked doors inside will be hanging open. Things are moved and he hears people walking around and the talking continues. He at first thought that someone was getting into his house while he was at work.  Then he figured out that he has uninvited guests.

I asked him a couple of weeks ago how things were and he said right now his house is quiet.  Apparently in his home, spirits come and go and don't seem to be tied to the property like the one in our early family home.   

I got scared when he said he was pushed.  I have always seen spirits since I was little...mostly  people I knew and that had died always human spirits...never scary.  I never encountered anything evil and was worried about this.

My son said everything in his home seems to be human spirits and not demons.  Still scares me.  I wanted him to move, but he likes his home and wants to stay.  I get creeped out in and near that utility room.

When his house is active with spirits, they are quite noisy and not shy.  They are bothersome.  I am not comfortable with “stranger spirits” those that just pass through and stay a while, then leave and then come back.

A young family purchased our big five bedroom home.  The wife was pregnant with her third child at the time. This child also saw the “man” spirit who stayed in that house too

My son was at an outing and a mutual friend introduced them.  My son in jest asked him if he met the ghost who lived in the house and he said “yes.”  They talked about it and compared notes.

i tried to find out who the “man” was, but couldn’t.  In the basement of that house, there .is a portion that has what my kids called a stage.  There is concrete poured into a section about 3 feet high and 10x4 wide....very weird.  I always got stange feelings near there and all three of my children would not play on it or go near it.

I told my DH that there could be a body buried in that concrete....well, maybe.

Trusted Contributor

I believe in mediums, but am not sold that Theresa is a bona fide medium. Sometimes people getting the readings are shocked that anyone could know the things she says, but more often I feel she is generalizing or "reaching." Our lives are public now, who knows how much she can sleuth out before a reading.

That said - I watch the show for its entertainment value. I really like Theresa. I think she's in great shape, her hair is cute.  Mmm, the nailis ... not a fan, but she likes them.

Honored Contributor

Does anyone believe that Rosie Cepero can communicate with people’s Guardian Angels?

Have you ever seen her show?