Trusted Contributor

It was well done....and hard to watch, especially for me. My son spent 18 months in Afghanistan with the army. He accompanied special forces up into the mountains many times, looking for Taliban--exactly what the Seals portrayed in this movie did. Thankfully, he made it home safe and sound.

Valued Contributor
On 1/20/2014 CardinalGirl_ said:

It was well done....and hard to watch, especially for me. My son spent 18 months in Afghanistan with the army. He accompanied special forces up into the mountains many times, looking for Taliban--exactly what the Seals portrayed in this movie did. Thankfully, he made it home safe and sound.

Saw it today...we thought it was GREAT. Too bad they are up there worrying about what CNN does.

Valued Contributor

Thank your son for his service CardinalGirl.

Trusted Contributor
On 1/20/2014 WestieLove said:

Thank your son for his service CardinalGirl.

I will, Westie....thank you for saying so.

Super Contributor

I've read the book and will see the movie, too.

Marcus Luttrell came and spoke to the Auburn Football Team in 2010 a little more than halfway through their Championship season and I'll tell you that my nephew, and the other members of the team, were so inspired and moved by his talk that he, for one, will never forget the impact it had on him. The local bookstores sold out of Lone Survivor over night.

War Eagle!
Valued Contributor
On 1/21/2014 MESPal said:

I've read the book and will see the movie, too.

Marcus Luttrell came and spoke to the Auburn Football Team in 2010 a little more than halfway through their Championship season and I'll tell you that my nephew, and the other members of the team, were so inspired and moved by his talk that he, for one, will never forget the impact it had on him. The local bookstores sold out of Lone Survivor over night.

wow now I want to read the book too!

Super Contributor

I'm conflicted. Want to see the movie but my nephew just got his deployment orders right before Christmas and is leaving for Afghanistan soon for 9 months tour, so maybe I 'd rather be in the dark. He's in the ARMY and has been through special sniper training.

Regular Contributor
I'm so glad to see such positive opinions. I ordered the book 2 days ago and we will see the movie on Friday.
Regular Contributor

The movie was very, very good in a horrible way. I am glad I knew the story already and how it ended and what makes it worse is to know that it was a true account of what happened. I did need to cover my eyes at several spots because it was hard for me to watch. That said I am glad I went with my son so he could see how bad war is. I wanted to support this movie even though I was not sure if I wanted to see it because it is a tribute to the men.

Respected Contributor
It was a great tribute to Marcus and his team. Our theatre was silent at the end then the theatre was filled with applause.