Honored Contributor

Reading my TV Guide I noticed a new show will be premiering called The Lizzie Borden Chronicles. It will be on Sunday April 5 on Lifetime at 10:00. It is a limited series staring Christina Ricci. It will pickup shortly after her 1892 acquittal. It will be fictional. I remember watching the 2 part miniseries and will maybe watch this.

Super Contributor
Thanks for the scoop. I watch anything about her.
Honored Contributor
On 3/21/2015 cyndog said: Thanks for the scoop. I watch anything about her.

Your welcome! Another show to DVR!

Honored Contributor

I saw the thing on this a while back. I felt interested but now I'm not sure, knowing it's just fiction. It might still be good, but I'd be more 'in' if it were a nonfiction piece.

I'm not sure how to feel about creating a completely fictionalized show about a real character.

I'm pretty sure I'll at least check out the first episode and then decide. Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

I saw a preview for this last week, and was kind of surprised they had developed a series, but I guess the movie had a ton of viewers. I really can't remember much of the movie - I think I remember it was just "okay" for me. I like Christine Ricci, though.

♥ Life is beauty full ♥
Esteemed Contributor
I think the topic is interesting, but I'm not sure if I'll like the fictionalization.
Honored Contributor
In case anyone is interested this show is on tonight. I was going to watch but have so much I must watch The Good Wife, Secret And Lies, Battle Creek,and The Royals. Now with Game Of Thrones and Veep coming back next week I just don't have the time nor the patience to add another show.
Honored Contributor

Christina Ricci was on Entertainment Weekly (XM Radio) talking about this show (she stars as Lizzie). It was interesting to hear her perspective on this. She's known for playing different (i.e. strange characters). That topic was addressed. She thought it was funny. She said people like Lizzie Borden and she laughed and said, "sick" people often are more interesting and have many sides to their characters. She said she though that was why she was drawn to these kinds of characters. I accidentally caught a few minutes the other night. I changed the channel or my daughte called and never went back.

Comcast is messing with the channel lineup without telling its customers and I'm still going crazy over this so my "FAVORITES" button isn't working right.

I am going to TRY to watch it. Although I don't like the premiss of it.

Respected Contributor

Okay, just watched it. There is a place where Lizzie tells her sister "don't worry we'll find Benjamin".

Who is Benjamin?

Honored Contributor
On 4/6/2015 scotttie said:

Okay, just watched it. There is a place where Lizzie tells her sister "don't worry we'll find Benjamin".

Who is Benjamin?

I took it as the deceased baby that the brother Billy found the skeleton of. I'm betting it is the child Lizzie's sister may have had (nothing was said of this, this is just a guess).I watched this first episode even though I said I wasn't. I think I'm bowing out before I get too hooked into it!