Honored Contributor

She was one beautiful lady.  She's in some great movies too.  I'm watching a few.

OOps Bette Davis movie on now.....gotta go.

Honored Contributor

A very young Barbara Stanwyck was on before this. 

Honored Contributor

I think of LT as a personality but not much of an actress. The oscar she received for Butterfield 8 was for many reasons,but not acting. Didn't you just love Laurence Harvey in that movie?

When I lose the TV controller, it's always in some remote destination.
Honored Contributor

Re: Liz Taylor on TCM

[ Edited ]

Elizabeth Taylor... Definitely in my opinion outstanding actress. Beyond her career true humanitarian. Raised awareness and millions towards Aids epidemic. Her legacy lives on and continues helping others. Beautiful lady inside and out.⚘

Honored Contributor

Re: Liz Taylor on TCM

[ Edited ]

It doesn't matter how many times they show "The Sandpiper" (on tonight at 10:00 p.m. Eastern), I find it so relaxing--  that gorgeous Big Sur coastline, the gulls wheeling overhead, the "Shadow of Your Smile soundtrack", and Taylor and Burton achieving a slow smolder...

She's playing a bohemian artist in this, so her clothes and jewelry are fun too...

(Edited to correct the time of "The Sandpiper".)

Honored Contributor

Oh @Oznell, I have this set to record in case I nod off.  I have never see the Sandpiper. I want to. Woman Very Happy

Respected Contributor

I caught Elizabeth in a movie last night I had not seen before ... " The

Girl Who Has Everything "   Oh my goodness she was gorgeous .......

I understand the comments about the acting ...but still love watching ....

Honored Contributor

Hi @qualitygal-- hope you see the correction for the time of "The Sandpiper".  It's at 10:00 Eastern, not 8:00.  I don't know what I was thinking!