Reply
Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 7,423
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

@VaBelle35 wrote:

Daryl has 2 shows, Live From Daryl's House and Daryl's Restoration Over-Hall on DIY Network.  They are both several years old.

 

Live From Daryl's House was an internet show in the beginning and was picked up by one of the MTV channels, I think and now it's on Axe. 

 

Daryl was diagnosed with Lyme Disease and he ended up taking most of the year off to get better and now with Covid it's probably slowing things down even more.

 

I think his intent is to continue the show at some point.


@VaBelle35 I've looked for Daryl's Restoration Over-Hall by me- haven't found it on any station yet! I watched a few episodes on youtube though.

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 7,423
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: Live at Daryl’s House

[ Edited ]

@Witchy Woman wrote:

@Judaline 

 

Thanks.  I think this is the same station that aired Eddie Money's reality show.

 

While I adored his music, I didn't enjoy the show the one time I watched it.  He came off as a befuddled old man and I'd rather remember his as a beautiful, cool, sexy singer.

 

Most of the stuff I saw on that station would not be anything I could tolerate for more than 5 minutes Cat LOL


@Witchy Woman Do you mean Eddie - or Daryl?  Eddie definitely gave me that 'befuddled' Woman Indifferent feeling in his later years.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 17,491
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: Live at Daryl’s House

[ Edited ]

@Ibby114 wrote:

@VaBelle35 wrote:

Daryl has 2 shows, Live From Daryl's House and Daryl's Restoration Over-Hall on DIY Network.  They are both several years old.

 

Live From Daryl's House was an internet show in the beginning and was picked up by one of the MTV channels, I think and now it's on Axe. 

 

Daryl was diagnosed with Lyme Disease and he ended up taking most of the year off to get better and now with Covid it's probably slowing things down even more.

 

I think his intent is to continue the show at some point.


@VaBelle35 I've looked for Daryl's Restoration Over-Hall by me- haven't found it on any station yet! I watched a few episodes on youtube though.


It was on the DIY network (which will soon be Magnolia) but I  believe they are all on the DIY app.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 7,781
Registered: ‎03-15-2010

@Ibby114 

 

Sorry if it sounded confusing.

 

Eddie was the old, befuddled one....not Daryl Cat LOL

 

But, I think it was AXS that aired both shows at different times.

 

 

Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,128
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

@Ibby114 wrote:

@SWEET wrote:

I used to watch this all the time but now they are repeats but I've found a few I haven't watched so DVRed them.  One of them was Tommy Shaw of Styx.  I'm going to be watching Smokey Robinson again and Darius Rucker (I'm in love with him even though he went country on me).  Have to see what else is on this afternoon. 

 

I watch it on AXS TV. 


@SWEET I'll watch episodes again and again - love my music!.  I emailed axs tv several times, asking when they would start showing new episodes of Live at Daryl’s House!! Woman Happy


@Ibby114 

 

Let me know if you get a response. I'd love to know too.

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 7,423
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: Live at Daryl’s House

[ Edited ]

@Witchy Woman wrote:

@Ibby114 

 

Sorry if it sounded confusing.

 

Eddie was the old, befuddled one....not Daryl Cat LOL

 

But, I think it was AXS that aired both shows at different times.

 

 


@Witchy Woman  I didn't think you meant Daryl- there's nothing befuddled or old about him! Woman Very Happy

 

So agreed about Eddie though. One of my friends wanted to see him a few years back, but after watching his reality show I had zero interest in spending  $75ish to see him 'live'.  The memories are much preferred!

 

I also  thought it was odd -- inapprorpiate even -- that his daughter sings the Ronnie Spector part of 'Take Me Home Tonight' !! Woman Indifferent

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 7,423
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: Live at Daryl’s House

[ Edited ]

Speaking of great shows with musicians- did anyone  watch 'Storytellers'  back in the day?  It seems MTV Live is starting to revisit episodes. They aired the Bruce Springsteen episode from 2005  last week and I missed most of it. But today I'm watching it in full. I really liked Bruce back then- when Clarence Clemons was with us. 

Honored Contributor
Posts: 16,032
Registered: ‎06-15-2015

I'm watching  right now and he has the O'Jays on right now!Smiley Happy

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Honored Contributor
Posts: 17,491
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

@Ibby114 wrote:

Speaking of great shows with musicians- did anyone  watch 'Storytellers'  back in the day?  It seems MTV Live is starting to revisit episodes. They aired the Bruce Springsteen episode from 2005  last week and I missed most of it. But today I'm watching it in full. I really liked Bruce back then- when Clarence Clemons was with us. 


 

 

I bought Bruce's audio book.  I cried the entire chapter on Clarence.

 

And every time they play the clip from Bruce on Broadway about Clarence, I cry.

 

 

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 7,423
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

@VaBelle35 wrote:

@Ibby114 wrote:

Speaking of great shows with musicians- did anyone  watch 'Storytellers'  back in the day?  It seems MTV Live is starting to revisit episodes. They aired the Bruce Springsteen episode from 2005  last week and I missed most of it. But today I'm watching it in full. I really liked Bruce back then- when Clarence Clemons was with us. 


 

 

I bought Bruce's audio book.  I cried the entire chapter on Clarence.

 

And every time they play the clip from Bruce on Broadway about Clarence, I cry.

 

 


@VaBelle35  I've watched Bruce on Broadway on Netflix a dozen times since I've been working remote!  Yes, I loved Clarence too. Woman Sad