Honored Contributor

Daryl has 2 shows, Live From Daryl's House and Daryl's Restoration Over-Hall on DIY Network.  They are both several years old.

Live From Daryl's House was an internet show in the beginning and was picked up by one of the MTV channels, I think and now it's on Axe. 

Daryl was diagnosed with Lyme Disease and he ended up taking most of the year off to get better and now with Covid it's probably slowing things down even more.

I think his intent is to continue the show at some point.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Respected Contributor

@SurferWife wrote:

I love watching this show & love all the guests.  I generally like listening to Daryl sing the other artists songs as duets, but now as I watch Smokey Robinson...Daryl, please hush!  Smokey...sing to Mama!

@SurferWife  Right?!  Love Smokey. My favorite episode was with Todd Rundgren at his home on Kauai. 

Honored Contributor

@Witchy Woman wrote:

@SurferWife 

Love both artists, but I don't think I get this program on Dish.  I'll have to check.

However, if you love Smokey, you might enjoy this story.

Several years back, we saw him at an outdoor concert in a smaller venue.  It was a hot summer's night.

Smokey was late, but finally showed up driving slowly into the crowd on a side road in a long, white limo.  There was a short pause when it stopped and out rolled Smokey with his backup singers.  Everyone was sparkling Cat LOL

They made their way to the stage and gave a wonderful concert.  It was just magical.  Smokey looked and sounded fabulous...and, of course, his ladies were perfect.

One of the best concerts ever!

I've seen Hall and Oates too...two of the best.

@Witchy Woman  It's on DISH 167. Throughout the day. It's usually people I've never heard of that are on but once in a while, bingo! I have NEVER seen Smokey Robinson on this show.

Honored Contributor

I think we have seen just about every episode...miss the show.

Esteemed Contributor

@Judaline 

Thanks.  I think this is the same station that aired Eddie Money's reality show.

While I adored his music, I didn't enjoy the show the one time I watched it.  He came off as a befuddled old man and I'd rather remember his as a beautiful, cool, sexy singer.

Most of the stuff I saw on that station would not be anything I could tolerate for more than 5 minutes Cat LOL

Honored Contributor

@rockygems123 wrote:

@SurferWife wrote:

I love watching this show & love all the guests.  I generally like listening to Daryl sing the other artists songs as duets, but now as I watch Smokey Robinson...Daryl, please hush!  Smokey...sing to Mama!

@SurferWife  Right?!  Love Smokey. My favorite episode was with Todd Rundgren at his home on Kauai. 

Ever see the youtube video, Just to See Her Again with Smokey on the beach watching a beautiful girl? I believe it's in black and white, and I'm not talking race, hahaha. Just love the way it's done.

Esteemed Contributor

I used to watch that show quite a few years ago.  I liked Daryl and the show was interesting.  I should look it up again.

Honored Contributor

Re: Live at Daryl’s House

[ Edited ]

There was a holiday themed episode with Shelby Lynn (sister of Allison Moorer) and she had this very dark and disturbing Christmas song.

It was clear they didn't know her family history because they were kind of poking her about where this dark stuff came from.  I was cringing the whole segment.

When she was 17 and her sister was a bit younger, her father killed her mother and then himself in front of them.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Esteemed Contributor

@SWEET wrote:

I used to watch this all the time but now they are repeats but I've found a few I haven't watched so DVRed them.  One of them was Tommy Shaw of Styx.  I'm going to be watching Smokey Robinson again and Darius Rucker (I'm in love with him even though he went country on me).  Have to see what else is on this afternoon. 

I watch it on AXS TV. 

@SWEET I'll watch episodes again and again - love my music!.  I emailed axs tv several times, asking when they would start showing new episodes of Live at Daryl’s House!! Woman Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@aubnwa01 wrote:

Another show I enjoy on AXS TV is The Big Interview With Dan Rather.  He's had some great people on the show.

@aubnwa01  definitely! I love hearing about what inspired performers, what brought they to today. No matter the genre. 

I 'follow' Dan Rather on facebook, his posts are so thought provoking and  'glass half full'. They're a wonderful read! Heart