Honored Contributor

Re: Live With Kelly and Ryan

I was listening to the radio today and they said the honeymoon is over with these two. Kelly is not happy about him being considered for American Idol. They said she will host Monday through Thursday and not pretape a Friday show. Ryan will have guest cohosts. Kelly also will have most of August off. With all the time the show took to settle on a cohost (like a year) I don't know why they went with Ryan. I like Anderson Cooper, Fred Savage, and Jerry O'Connell better. I wonder if Ryan was the show's first choice?

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

I was listening to the radio today and they said the honeymoon is over with these two. Kelly is not happy about him being considered for American Idol. They said she will host Monday through Thursday and not pretape a Friday show. Ryan will have guest cohosts. Kelly also will have most of August off. With all the time the show took to settle on a cohost (like a year) I don't know why they went with Ryan. I like Anderson Cooper, Fred Savage, and Jerry O'Connell better. I wonder if Ryan was the show's first choice?

@Jordan2

Who is the "they" that said the honeymoon is over?   Based on comments they themselves made, Kelly and Ryan have been friends for years.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Jordan2 wrote:

@Jordan2

Who is the "they" that said the honeymoon is over?   Based on comments they themselves made, Kelly and Ryan have been friends for years.

@Tinkrbl44, I was listening to the radio and the woman Patty said they, I guess they're unnamed sources, I guess time will tell how well Kelly and Ryan get along.

Respected Contributor

Yeah, he's ok, but he's everywhere and already super successful.  Enough of him.  I sorta wish they picked someone more obscure and new- 

Honored Contributor

You all make me record this show to see what the fuss is all about.

They are very comfortable together and today's show was fun.

It's not my thing, as I can't relate to either one and all the "mom" stuff, but they clearly  know and like each other.  And I really think Ryan will bring great guests to the show.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Respected Contributor

I caught the show one morning and it just didn't hold my interest. I won't be a regular viewer.

Honored Contributor

Lol.I never thought of Ryan Seacrest as pretty or even handsome. Plain would be my word.  Definitely a good catch, though.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@kjae wrote:

Do not watch-go to work every day.  I am surprised that Ryan Seacrest took this job.  I would not exoect him to be there very  long.  He is too into other endeavors, unless those have dried up in recent years (radio, special assignments, American Idol).  He also lived on the west coast.  Find this an odd move.   I do hope you enjoy watching them.

@kjae  I read online yesterday that it was a package deal for Ryan with ABC - he'd do Live! if the network also put on Idol again.

Sorry I can't remember what I was reading yesterday when I saw that - if you Google you'll find it I'm sure.

Just read somewhere online that Idol is coming back so that must be correct.  I no longer watch Kelly, etc.

Honored Contributor

I have had no interest in watching since Ryan was selected. I haven't been a regular watcher for about 2 years anyway. It is just not that entertaining anymore. IMO

Honored Contributor

@Pook wrote:

He is just ok and underwhelming to me.  He is better than Jerry O'Connell though who is the opposite and overwhelming!  I find him rather boring. 

I really enjoyed the show with Jerry, I tried to watch with Ryan and I turned away after a few minutes.  Never knew he was on the list.