Respected Contributor

Re: Live Volcano Walk on ABC

Didn't watch.  Glad there was a harness.  STILL, Impressive feat.  not just walking the wire but there's updrafts from the warm air below to contend with.  Proof he knows his stuff. ( if he didn't fall off )  I just know I couldn't do anything like that!

Esteemed Contributor

I didn't watch it because just the thought of it was too scary. But had I known he was hooked up to a safety line I probably would have just to see if he could do it because knowing he had a safety line would take all the scary out of it.....and wasn't that the point, to scare you into watching it? To make you hold your breath and cross your fingers and say a prayer?

I don't care for him since I saw him and his wife on Say Yes To The Dress. Don't recall if they were getting married after being together a long time or planning a vow renewal.

Honored Contributor

Who was it that time that walked across The Niagara Falls? He started on the US side.....I remember barely being able to watch it, I was so nervous! I did watch this, boy they have to place their feet just so each time to keep their balance. very interesting! 

Honored Contributor

We tuned in for a minute only to see he was tied off so if he lost footing he would not drop into the lava flow.

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I don't want to watch it.  I don't enjoy being scared to death.

@Kachina624: I agree. The suspense (and possible tragedy) is too much for me. It's the same reason I don't go to the circus.  

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

Who was it that time that walked across The Niagara Falls? He started on the US side.....I remember barely being able to watch it, I was so nervous! I did watch this, boy they have to place their feet just so each time to keep their balance. very interesting! 

It was the same guy who did the live Falls walk a few years ago.  He also walked over Time Square in New York City with his sister which he did a year ago.  That one was really cool to watch to see him and his sister at the level of the giant jumbo trons and bright lights.  All the New Yorkers standing below looking up.  His sister walked on one end and he on the other and they had to meet in the middle and walk over each other to get to the other side.  It was very impressive.  Even though they are  hooked up, it's fascinating to watch his talent of balance and strength and to combat certain weather conditions .  

Honored Contributor

@Lattelvr wrote:

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

It was the same guy who did the live Falls walk a few years ago.  He also walked over Time Square in New York City with his sister which he did a year ago.  That one was really cool to watch to see him and his sister at the level of the giant jumbo trons and bright lights.  All the New Yorkers standing below looking up.  His sister walked on one end and he on the other and they had to meet in the middle and walk over each other to get to the other side.  It was very impressive.  Even though they are  hooked up, it's fascinating to watch his talent of balance and strength and to combat certain weather conditions .  

@Lattelvr . Thank-you! I missed the Times Square walk-that would have been cool to see. Yes, even though they  are hooked up, they still have to balance perfectly and are against all of the elements, not nearly as easy as some would think..

Honored Contributor

Beyond stupid.  Horrendous example for kids.  ABC is my least favorite network.