Esteemed Contributor

@nana59 wrote:

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

I’m astounded by how many people are driving around without a driver’s license...it is unbelievable!

I just watched a very friendly guy get stopped for driving in the dark with no lights on! Another thing that happens often..also, often, the people are drunk.

Because it’s TV with cameras, we see the guy get out of the car.  He doesn’t speak a lick, not one word of English.

The cop is trying to tell him he needs to turn on the car’s lights...he doesn’t understand..at all.

The cop walks him over to the car’s lights and points.  The guy from Portugal ( and his family) shake their heads when he tries to explain about the lights.  The guy pulls out the ( in English) car’s instructions ( fumbling the papers).

Finally, we see The cop ( using the Portuguese guy’s phone speaking to someon who does speak broken English) that he needs to come and get this guy and his family because they don’t know how to drive the car, read the directions and..they’re completely lost!

The car was left on the highway and their friend came and got them.  I assume it was a rental car and the company came and got the car.

Not “exactly this”, but crazy situations like this happen all over this country.

Mostly people drunk as skunks, drugged up, you name it driving...well on the road, not really driving..out here with people.

It’s really scary these days when you get on the highway. 

i live in RI....where the episode involving the man from portugal was filmed....just shaking my head....obviously he doesn't belong on the road......wanted to jump through the tv and shake some sense into him....

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Yup I'm still shocked by people with no license driving like idiots. And people with guns and drugs in the car. Inspector Sroka is one of my favorites on their. Even when he's frustrated he has a good sense of humor. He said on Twitter that tons of people were texting him telling him how to say headlights furing the stop but he doesn't look at his phone while he's working.

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66.  I saw that too and wondered how in the world the guy was able to rent a car with no driver's license.  I bet there was no insurance either.  That person was  scary.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

I watch that show every weekend.  Seems no one has a driver's license and everyone has pot in the car.

I always think no wonder car insurance is so expensive with all these fools behind the wheel.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Honored Contributor

The other thing that surprises me is how casually the police talk to people they stop about when the last time they were arrested or in jail.  It comes across as if they're just asking when was the last time you went to the movies or something.  

And then you have the people who get upset about the camera, yet they have someone arrested and sitting in the police car who discovers the camera and yells out "Live PD" and grins from ear to ear. 

Trusted Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

The other thing that surprises me is how casually the police talk to people they stop about when the last time they were arrested or in jail.  It comes across as if they're just asking when was the last time you went to the movies or something.  

And then you have the people who get upset about the camera, yet they have someone arrested and sitting in the police car who discovers the camera and yells out "Live PD" and grins from ear to ear. 

Yes I'm also struck by them asking people if they have warrants. Most people are like I don't know. What??!! It is sad that getting arrested just seems to be a cycle for people and no big deal.