Honored Contributor

Re: Live ABC Comedies Are Returning

I watched when they had it on last ime...it was interesting but kind of weird.  The originals are much better in my opinion!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Pretty neat. They brought on James, actor John Amos,  the father and

husband to Florida from the original show play another character

in tonights show. A nice surprise and he did good too. Just a boring

episode to me.

Had no idea that they would run so long, but several news interruptions 

and very long commercial breaks.

Was alright, would have preferred a better episode to recreate.

Esteemed Contributor

I thought they did a great job with the All in the Family episode.

How about Kevin Bacon? Pretty good acting this time around.

Was Gloria ever a red head? Why not put a blonde wig on the actress

who played her? I guess they don't want to make all these changes.

I would have padded Archie's shirt and Edith's dress, they just are

too skinny to resemble the original characters. Enjoyed it still.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@threecees wrote:

I thought they did a great job with the All in the Family episode.

How about Kevin Bacon? Pretty good acting this time around.

Was Gloria ever a red head? Why not put a blonde wig on the actress

who played her? I guess they don't want to make all these changes.

I would have padded Archie's shirt and Edith's dress, they just are

too skinny to resemble the original characters. Enjoyed it still.

Yes, agree.  I thought Woody Harrelson greatly improved as Archie.  But do also think a blonde wig for Gloria and padding for Archie and even the character  Pinky Petersen they could have added for effect.  All in all I enjoyed both.  Wish they would have picked a Christmas eposide of Good Times though.  In fact, I just watched a Christmas Good Times the other night on Get Tv.  There are many funny episodes with JJ so not sure why they chose the one they did.  

Respected Contributor

I liked it.  At first, I thought Jay Pharoh was too old to play JJ, but then I remembered Jimmy Walker wasn't a teen when he did the role, either.

Nice when the original cast members made an appearance.  Hope Ralph Carter is okay.  Missed seeing him. 

Honored Contributor

I DVR'd this ( I watched The Masked Singer) and just watched it. I favor the All In The Family episodes rather than Good Times and last May's The Jeffersons. Marisa Tomei as Edith is the best thing about either episode. I believe she won an Emmy for the role, she'll probably be nominated again.

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

I DVR'd this ( I watched The Masked Singer) and just watched it. I favor the All In The Family episodes rather than Good Times and last May's The Jeffersons. Marisa Tomei as Edith is the best thing about either episode. I believe she won an Emmy for the role, she'll probably be nominated again.

Marisa was not nom for an Emmy as far as I know. 

Honored Contributor

The teen who plays Malik on This is Us played Michael Evans, althoguh he is 18, Michael was only supposed to be about 13. He looks very young. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

@LyndaGee   You read my mind.  I would love to see them bring Maude back.  Only Rosie O'Donnell comes to mind to maybe be good enough to capture that character for half an hour.  Bea Arthur is an irreplaceable act to follow. 

OMG not Rosie.............that to me would be an insult to Bea Arthur..............I saw Bea Arthur in a One Woman Play in NYC years back after her Golden Girls series....she talked about her life, shows, her great friendship with Hal Linden who was one of her best friends....etc.  The woman had tons of class.........no Rosie...ugh no...

Honored Contributor

@kelsey17 wrote:

@Laura14 wrote:

@LyndaGee   You read my mind.  I would love to see them bring Maude back.  Only Rosie O'Donnell comes to mind to maybe be good enough to capture that character for half an hour.  Bea Arthur is an irreplaceable act to follow. 

OMG not Rosie.............that to me would be an insult to Bea Arthur..............I saw Bea Arthur in a One Woman Play in NYC years back after her Golden Girls series....she talked about her life, shows, her great friendship with Hal Linden who was one of her best friends....etc.  The woman had tons of class.........no Rosie...ugh no...

Remember the GG episode with Hal Linden playing one of her high school boyfriends.