Honored Contributor

Re: Live ABC Comedies Are Returning

@LyndaGee    OMG Jane Lynch would be perfect!  We need to get that trending and make it happen. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am guessing they are recreating 2 Xmas episodes, All in the Family had some very good Xmas episodes, one was concerning a draft dodger friend that MIke brought to dinner, much to Archie's disapproval. 

So, are we to assume Viola Davis is the new Florida and Andre Braugher is the new James, both are amazing actors. ?

Trusted Contributor

Yep, @Shelbelle, although I did not get the impression they were doing new shows. I thought they are just re-enacting a different original show, like the first time, but maybe you are right. I thought the first ones were so horrible so I didn't plan on watching these. 

Esteemed Contributor

Good Times is Dynomite. Wonder if  J.J. character will say that a bunch of

times. I always enjoyed that show but found J.J. the most annoying of all.

Jamie Foxx's daughter will be in it. He is getting her in the door for sure,

replaced the previous disc jockey on Beat Shazam with his daughter 

too.

Honored Contributor

@Lisa now in AZ wrote:

Yep, @Shelbelle, although I did not get the impression they were doing new shows. I thought they are just re-enacting a different original show, like the first time, but maybe you are right. I thought the first ones were so horrible so I didn't plan on watching these. 

You must have misunderstood me, I also think the shows will be the old scripts which is why I mentioned one of the Xmas episodes I remember, it was very good, but draft dodging was much more poignant then back in the 70's. . 

Valued Contributor

Thanks for the reminder.  I'll be watching.  I hope they do either the Christmas  Bonus episode or maybe they will do the Draft  Dodger one.  I wish they would have recast Archie though.  I love Woody Harrelson as an actor.  Of course loved him in Cheers and many of his movies and he was even great in Will and Grace, but I don't think he was a good match as Archie in the first live All in the Family.  Marissa Tomei was very good and rather spot on as Edith so I'm glad she's back.  Hmmmm I have to think hard who I think could fill Carroll O'Connor's shoes. That's a hard act to follow.  

Honored Contributor

Another Xmas episode was when Edith's friend Beverly LaSalle, , who was a transvestite was killed in act of hatred, and Edith was devastated and could not believe in the holidays anymore. 

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

I would rather see reruns with the original cast of characters.  Remakes and replacement actors are only going to be compared and will lose every time.  

Honored Contributor

I will DVR this, I have to watch The Masked Singer tonight.

Esteemed Contributor

Getting ready to watch these shows, they will be on soon here on the

east coast. Can't wait to see which episodes they will do.