Esteemed Contributor

Live ABC Comedies Are Returning

On  Wednesday night 8 p.m. Eastern Time.

All in the Family returns with Woody Harrelson and Marisa Tomei

also Kevin Bacon will be on too.

Then we will see Good Times with Viola Davis, Andre Braugher and

Tiffany Haddish. 

I have seen every episode of both thanks to Antennae T.V.

I remember that last years recreation of All in the Family on ABC was not

that good but it is something to watch. Will check it out. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Live ABC Comedies Are Returning

All In The Family last year was embarrassingly bad exaggerations of the characters. I don't understand rebooting the classics. Too much to compare to. No thanks.

Honored Contributor

I can't imaging what dialog they'd have in a present day All in the Family. Everything is so very politically correct nowadays! Loved the original! 

"Pure Michigan"
Esteemed Contributor

I too thought they were pretty bad. Way over exaggerated almost cringe worthy.

Respected Contributor

Yes, what's up w/all this rebooting of successful shows of the past?  Can you imagine if they tried to reboot Seinfeld with different actors?  And even if they used all the original actors, they were so much younger then.  Not sure that even they could pull off a reboot (although surely I'd watch).

A neighbor had told me the reboots of 'All in the Family' and 'The Jeffersons' were quite good, so when they repeated them I made a point to watch.  I thought Marisa Tomei was OK as Edith, but Woody Harrelson as Archie?  No way.  He tried, but didn't even come close imo.  I can't remember who played Meathead but I thought he was probably the best one of the bunch.  The actress who portrayed Gloria wasn't even minutely close to playing the original character.  So all in all I was disappointed.

I didn't watch 'The Jeffersons' I don't think as it was never one of my fav shows to begin with.  Of course I've seen episodes of it and know the characters but was never able to get into it enough to be must see TV for me.

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Esteemed Contributor

I didn’t mind them - true, they weren’t great, but I still kind of liked them regardless. Jefferson’s were better IMO, especially with that surprise cameo at the end!
Honored Contributor

e: Live ABC Comedies Are Returning

I still watch the original shows which are on Comcast at different times..  I don't mind the rebooting of the shows although it is debatable whether or not the casts will be as good as the originals.  With all the horrible reality shows, I welcome these sitcoms.  

Respected Contributor

I'll be watching.

Wish they'd do "Maude" - Fun to see who they'd cast in the lead.

Honored Contributor

@LyndaGee   You read my mind.  I would love to see them bring Maude back.  Only Rosie O'Donnell comes to mind to maybe be good enough to capture that character for half an hour.  Bea Arthur is an irreplaceable act to follow. 

Respected Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

@LyndaGee   You read my mind.  I would love to see them bring Maude back.  Only Rosie O'Donnell comes to mind to maybe be good enough to capture that character for half an hour.  Bea Arthur is an irreplaceable act to follow. 

Rosie would be very good.  Also thinking Jane Lynch or Allison Janney, with a gray wig, of course.

I agree about Bea.  Her facial expressions were priceless!