Esteemed Contributor

Re: Little people big world …Anyone still watching?

At the time of negotiating her settlement with Matt, she was dating a realtor.  I wonder why she didn't ask him for his opinion on the value of what she was selling.  Why didn't she consult a lawyer if she didn't trust Matt?  Why didn't she get it in writing that she was taking a reduced settlement to enable the boys to purchase the other land?

Amy isn't stupid.  It is pretty easy to say these things after the fact.  They dragged that whole settlement season out ad nauseum.  Why wasn't any of that mentioned about the kids perhaps buying in the future. 

I think that Matt and Amy are hardworking people.  Too bad they didn't instill that in their kids.  I don't think any of them would be capable to run that farm on their own.  JMO

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@threecees , I totally remember the old episodes, and those kids were pigs and very out of control- The house was a wreck all the time!  I'm sure Amy couldn't keep up with any of it, (but it looked like she never tried or cared)... 

Maybe they were never disciplined as kids? I have seen in my distant family, a child whose parents never said no to her, and never disciplined her ever, and as an adult she is unable to discipline herself to accomplish anything, totally dysfunctional- It makes sense, in a sad way. 

Respected Contributor

Maybe he changed his mind, because he saw how the kids grew up. The kids have moved on. If they were serious, they would have been by his side, helping all these years and they weren't. Kids w/wives and ex-wife, he couldn't please everyone. My guess is they will get it($) back, after he passes, by way of inheritance.

Frequent Contributor

From what I see on Instagram, Jeremy is very hardworking and would have been a good choice to sell the farm to. He and Audrey...no matter what you think of their beliefs etc...have a beautiful home and family. Molly keeps private, and always has. Jacob is working on the farm now. Amy said Molly and Jacob had no interest in buying into the farm. 

Amy said on the talk that in hindsight she "should have, could have, would have" and acknowledges she wishes she had done things differently. 

Esteemed Contributor

@ByrdieK wrote:

From what I see on Instagram, Jeremy is very hardworking and would have been a good choice to sell the farm to. He and Audrey...no matter what you think of their beliefs etc...have a beautiful home and family. Molly keeps private, and always has. Jacob is working on the farm now. Amy said Molly and Jacob had no interest in buying into the farm. 

Amy said on the talk that in hindsight she "should have, could have, would have" and acknowledges she wishes she had done things differently. 

I don't think Jeremy works.  Supposedly his wife sells oils, etc.  and does quite well with it.

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@faeriemoon wrote:

Why does Matt want to sell off 13 acres?  He's keeping 93 acres I think. Why not just keep it since it is such a small portion of the property. 

@faeriemoon   He may need the cash.  He has millions in the ninety-plus acres, but it isn't cash, only if/when he sells them, OR the issue is just for drama.  I am at the point where I can barely stand the word farm.

Other than pumkins... what do they so call FARM?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@colliemom4 wrote:

I read there will definitely be at least one more season. I know everyone is thrilledloll. Amy said they signed a contract for it.

@colliemom4   Of course, so the farm saga can go on and on and on and on..., and there is the birth of Tori's third baby yet to be seen, though we know he is already here,lol, and let's not forget Zach's repetitive whining about the offer that fell through. 

I think the kids were expecting to be given the farm, not to have to pay for it, at least while they were growing up, as Matt probably did not tell them they would have to pay.

Super Contributor

And Amy’s continuing bitterness against Matt!snd High School giggles toward Chris!