Honored Contributor

Re: Little People Season Finale 5/19

@mousiegirl wrote:

I watched an earlier episode this morning wherein Matt said he knew he wouldn't be a good husband from the beginning, so wonder why he got married.  He said he was a free spirit, but I have other words to describe his behavior.

Amy said she wasn't as strong or confident during the marriage, but with six people to care for, doubt she had the energy to wrangle with Matt, so he got his way.

I am thinking this is what attracted her to Matt, it is so hard for her to make a decision I think because Matt was a go getter and knows what he wants.  I guess over time she got tired of it. Matt never slows down.  I am surprised he takes time off to go to Arizona and relax, however I am sure he is going to do something there too.

Contributor

The grand babies are super cute!  It seems in this short season that many events were really drawn out.  The show is not as interesting as when more of the kids were involved.  Changes are inevitable.  Maybe it's time for all of them to go on with their lives as private citizens.  Both Amy and Matt have found new partners, the kids have married, some have started families, and the future of the farm is up in the air. Just a thought!

Esteemed Contributor

Murphy needs a home where someone pays attention to him and a yard he can run around in..........like the farm??  A home with 2 kids in diapers is not fair for that dog.  What were they thinking?????  Apparently they weren't.  

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Respected Contributor

@tends2dogs I agree, or at least needs a lot of training, which no more motivated than Zach is , don't see that happening.

Respected Contributor

@threecees Chris  is a realistate agent, he probbaly was working.

Honored Contributor

@tends2dogs wrote:

Murphy needs a home where someone pays attention to him and a yard he can run around in..........like the farm??  A home with 2 kids in diapers is not fair for that dog.  What were they thinking?????  Apparently they weren't.  

@tends2dogs   I have seen Murphy in their yard, and he goes on walks with all of them, but the episode we saw the other night did look sad, but Murphy was not locked away in a room or in the yard, as many people to do their dogs, he was being a part of the family.  He is still a puppy so full of energy, it will all work out as Murphy matures somewhat.

I have also seen Murphy running around the farm as Zach and family visit there often, so it seems.

Trusted Contributor

@tends2dogs wrote:

Murphy is so cute! Is he a St. Bernard or what?

Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels here on earth to teach us to be better humans.
Honored Contributor

@sunshine 919 wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

I watched an earlier episode this morning wherein Matt said he knew he wouldn't be a good husband from the beginning, so wonder why he got married.  He said he was a free spirit, but I have other words to describe his behavior.

Amy said she wasn't as strong or confident during the marriage, but with six people to care for, doubt she had the energy to wrangle with Matt, so he got his way.

I am thinking this is what attracted her to Matt, it is so hard for her to make a decision I think because Matt was a go getter and knows what he wants.  I guess over time she got tired of it. Matt never slows down.  I am surprised he takes time off to go to Arizona and relax, however I am sure he is going to do something there too.

@sunshine 919   I think what Amy tired of was Matt's constantly taking on projects, not conferring with her, spending more money than they had, and she was left to worry about the finances and six people she had to take care of.

I remember in one episode, Amy looked out her kitchen window to see a ton of dirt being dumped right in front.  She went outside and confronted Matt who replied that he had a chance to get free dirt, but I wondered why it had to be dumped in front of the kitchen window, was a tall berm, and without telling Amy.  With all that land, he could have dumped it elsewhere.  I could go on and on as I watched it from the beginning, the remodeling of the house comes to mind where Matt kept enlarging, much to Amy's surprise as it was not the original plan.

Honored Contributor

@Sapphiregal wrote:

@tends2dogs wrote:

Murphy is so cute! Is he a St. Bernard or what?

@Sapphiregal   Bernese Mountain Dog.  Unless it has been bred out of them, they are prone to heart issues, and don't live to an old age, but then most giant breeds do not.  Tori's last one died at a young age.

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@sunshine 919 wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@sunshine 919   I think what Amy tired of was Matt's constantly taking on projects, not conferring with her, spending more money than they had, and she was left to worry about the finances and six people she had to take care of.

I remember in one episode, Amy looked out her kitchen window to see a ton of dirt being dumped right in front.  She went outside and confronted Matt who replied that he had a chance to get free dirt, but I wondered why it had to be dumped in front of the kitchen window, was a tall berm, and without telling Amy.  With all that land, he could have dumped it elsewhere.  I could go on and on as I watched it from the beginning, the remodeling of the house comes to mind where Matt kept enlarging, much to Amy's surprise as it was not the original plan.

I am sure that Amy thought at one point Matt would be content , instead he is always looking for something better, instead of relaxing and enjoying kids and grand kids.  I think he may go into the wine business.  He was talking to Caryn about growing grapes

I wonder why none of the kids are interested in living in the family home that Matt purchased from Amy.  It seems like Zach and Tori are on the farm a lot.  The family home is very nice.  It certainly makes more sense than the one they purchased.  I still can't figure out the interior of the house they bought, it seems all chopped up, rooms don't seem to flow.