Honored Contributor

I used to watch this from a long time back. It's interesting, you watch these people and their lives and these shows and you have no idea on what's going on in their real lives.

Anyone else watch this show? I like the other show about the Little People much better.

Valued Contributor

Re: Little People - Big World

Yes I do, though it is difficult sometimes because of their marriage problems. I am actually grateful to this show for opening my eyes to what life is like for little people. Like they say in the introduction they can do everything normal size people can, they just do it in a different way.

I never realized that they sometimes go through many painful operations in order to be able to walk. The father, Matt, and the boy, Zack, have both gone through this process and it just broke my heart to see Zack's suffering, especially when they would show home videos from when he was a little boy.

And Matt is one tough man. The first scene I ever saw him in, he was still a salesman and he had to manage a step stool as well as his crutches across a hotel lobby and then set it up and climb it with his crutches dangling from his arms to talk to the people behind the registration desk. A lot of work for something most of us do so easily and take for granted.

It's been something to watch the Roloff farm grow and grow. Matt has enough ambition for 10 peopleSmile It's been great watching the children grow and spread their wings. I was so happy for Zack when he got his pretty girlfriend, don't know if they are still together, but she was really becoming a part of the family, and then his first job at the soccer center. From the title, I guess Jeremy is getting engaged tonight? I wonder how college is working out for him and his sister, Molly. I will have to watch later in the week or On Demand to see what the episode was about.

I was sad when their good family friend died so suddenly and, of course, the death of Rocky. He really was Matt's best friend.

I assume the other show you are talking about is The Little Couple? Aren't they the most remarkable people, especially Jenn! She is truly tiny and yet she made it all the way through med school to become a NICU doctor - talk about determination and perseverance. And then for her and Bill to adopt those two children, they truly are wonderful, giving people

Both of these shows have been an education for me (never knew about car pedal extensions before!), in addition to being entertainment and I am glad that they were brave enough to put their lives on TV. Unlike most other reality shows, I actually admire and care about these people and wish them all the very best.

Esteemed Contributor

Yeah I watch. Funny thing I think the separation and the kids growing up have brought them closer. They used to fight like cats and dogs last season. On the show last night Jeremy's graduation and engagement seems to be bringing them closer again.
Honored Contributor

It's funny the things each of us see because I saw just the opposite. When she'd say black he'd say white and vice versa. Did you catch the back and forth when they were sitting at the table at the beach? She said something and he came back with a very snarky remark that was on purpose just the opposite. I just mean they are saying things on the air to hurt each other. That makes me sad.

The son has a blog that some say is 'honest' and some say is just getting even about his family, their religion and being on the TV show. Again, that is sad.

They are a family that obviously love each other and support each other. I hope that come through in the second one more than the first one (as far as the parents arguing goes).

Respected Contributor

I don't watch the show but one of my sons ,who is 6'7" tall and weighs over 300 lbs and is as strong as a team of oxen, does watch and maintains that Matt is his "hero" and the epitome of what a real man is.
Valued Contributor

On 9/3/2014 Danky said: I don't watch the show but one of my sons ,who is 6'7" tall and weighs over 300 lbs and is as strong as a team of oxen, does watch and maintains that Matt is his "hero" and the epitome of what a real man is.

That is really nice to hear - I think their show has opened a lot of people's eyes though maybe not yet enough. A little person in NYC wore a video camera to show what his day was like and it was quite sad at times to see how he was treated. There were people who were trying to sneakily take his photo with their phones like he is some kind of freak.{#emotions_dlg.sad}

I'm sorry the name of his documentary has escaped me at the moment. I will post it if I can find it (fairly sure I will).

Honored Contributor

mew, there will always be stupid people. The good thing is (as adults) we can choose not to know them.

Valued Contributor

Ok, found the video. It is called "Don't Look Down On Me" and it is just over 6 minutes long. You can watch it on YouTube. I love what he says at the end. It is worth watching just to hear that part.Smile