Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Little People Big World tonight

Anyone watch tonight? So many people at the housewarming party commenting about all of the stairs lol.

Honored Contributor

@colliemom4 wrote:

Anyone watch tonight? So many people at the housewarming party commenting about all of the stairs lol.

It just started here.  Good grief now they are having a party.  Wow going to the cabin which they flew too.  All this and no money lol.  Have you noticed Amy never talks about not having money.  I hope she is not making any decisions based on Chris.  I think the issue is Amy does not want Matt doing anything on that property.  She is so suspicous and she probably has every reason to be,  I think they should get their lawyers and Amy needs to make a decision,  I am sure Matt has big plans for the whole farm.  He prefers the buy out which means he has plans. and I am sure Amy does not want to think about Amy ever living on that property.  Amy should probably just move to the other side and deal with what Matt wants to do on his side.
Honored Contributor

Zach and Tori's house is the strangest structure I have ever seen.  It is really bazaar.  Zach should have a professional dog trainer.  Zach does not seem to do much.  Tori seems to do everything.  

Did anyone notice how intense Amy was when karen walked in.  It is very strange to me that everyone seems to like Karen.

Respected Contributor

The house isn't for anyone that has problems with stairs, tri levels are very common in the west coast. Some have just 4 steps up & 4 steps down but seems this house is more steps. They did a good job fixing it up. The dog needs some type of training the kids were scared of him as he knocked them over. Amy doesn't like Caryn & her facial expressions didn't lie, seems Chris & Matt seem to get along. Amy has known Caryn for 10yrs as she was an employee on the farm. I don't see Caryn as a problem but some do think she is taking advantage of Matt. I will say Matt & Amy seem much happier than when they were married. Zach & Tori are having a girl. 

Super Contributor

Regarding Matt, as I've been listening to him, he has done nothing but tolerate Amy's continued (2-plus years) indecisiveness about the Farm,

He has shown more patience than she deserves.

Her constant paranoid suspicions are starting to make her look

a bit crazy...

Matt could care less which side of the Farm she wants....he just wants a DECISION for Petes sake, so then he can settle down and figure out what to do from there.

I think Amy is enjoying her control and power right now.

Matt said a few months ago, that he could "force" her to make a decision by

making an offer that she'd have to legally respond to within 30-days.

But he doesn't want to do that to her.

Since Matt doesn't know if she'll take his current home away from him, he bought some scrounge looking property to possibly build another home.

Now, as for Chris, I'm warming up to him a bit,.....imagine the patience 

he has had with Amy..her dithering around, lack of punctuality, etc.

He is seeing what she's putting Matt through..how she seems incapable of making a decision.

Amy is so afraid she's going to "loose out", somehow, that she's not

willing to decide.

Meanwhile, its Matt who is still keeping the entire Farm producing, while she continues to trot around.

How is that fair? Especially with his health and age....what is she contributing while he keeps "her side" running?

Im just worn out from Amy's victim status and whining.

Shes over played her hand.

Respected Contributor

Amy is busy motorcycle trips, rv trips, seeing her parents. & renting the beach house. She is hardly there. How can Chris make money with all these trips unless he owns a Realtor team. Maybe his team sells & he collects some of commission who knows. He is busy traveling too. Now it's pumpkin season guess Amy has to stay put for that. Matt's condo is 2 towns over from me, he probably is only there in the winter season most people have those condos here. They stay a few months then move back to their homes. In the winter don't think the farm makes money. 

Honored Contributor

I never watch this show but happened to be on Mackinac Island last summer when they were filming last nights episode. We are seen, in the background, of some of the scenes. When they were having dinner that evening we all were seated just a few tables away. Interesting watching how they film a show. I just happened to click this show on last night when I saw the Mackinac Island episode. Yay!

"Pure Michigan"
Esteemed Contributor

Yes @JumpTheRope, Amy wants her cake and to eat it too in front of Matt!

A date needs to be given to Amy and soon to FINALLY make up her

mind. After all, she had the housewarming party on her mind and 

wasn't sure just what to get Tori/ Zach so no she didn't want to

diiscuss anything with Matt once again. She also said she would

think about during parents visit. Of course everybody was there

and again no time.

Anyway all this stringing us along has to be just for the show, if

Matt means business he is not going to keep wasting time just

for Amy.

How about Matt taking in all those steps to get up to Jackson's

room? He sure was determined. That must have been exhausting

for him. Glad he made it up there o.k. He showed Amy he could

do it. Now he will have to do it again after 2nd baby arrives in fall.

Jackson is now 2 years old. He and his sister will be exactly 2 and 

a half years apart if she is born in November. Cant wait!

That is cool @ID2 . I enjoyed your post.:Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've been a fan of the show since it began, and with all the recent changes I decided to go back to the very first episode (on my Xfinity OnDemand) and refresh my memory.

I think it helps to look back and see how much both Amy and Matt contributed to the family's successes and problems over time, and also to see the interpersonal dynamics between them (and among the entire family, for that matter).   There's plenty of blame to go around but also plenty of credit.   Matt has many of the classic symptoms of ADHD (I speak from experience with a close, dear loved one), and if any of you know someone who lives with this you are aware how difficult it can be for everyone.    All the family tended toward rather harsh disrespect toward one another, communications skills were dismal at times (I wince a lot when I watch), and the children were given significant "freedoms" and not so much direction or boundaries or real personal responsibility or consequences for missteps.   Good consistent family counseling might've gone a long way and changed the outcome we see now.

I've watched seasons 1 - 3 so far, and it really shines a different light on any judgements I might make toward the family members now.    While Matt did a lot to build and support the family financially, Amy did, too -- and she was tireless in the time spent taking care of the children when Matt was traveling (a lot) in sales and then when he was laid off (and later when he re-joined sales and decided to quit).   If any of you are interested, take a look a the early shows and I think you'll see what I mean.

In addition, I think the storyline about the "farm decision" isn't nearly as contentious the show's editing portrays.    The show was filmed last summer -- here's a May 2019 E! News interview that seems to contradict the "tone" of the episodes we're seeing right now:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zYW1OgoMUM

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Esteemed Contributor

@ID2 wrote:

I never watch this show but happened to be on Mackinac Island last summer when they were filming last nights episode. We are seen, in the background, of some of the scenes. When they were having dinner that evening we all were seated just a few tables away. Interesting watching how they film a show. I just happened to click this show on last night when I saw the Mackinac Island episode. Yay!

How fascinating you were there.  I love Mackinac Island.