Honored Contributor

Re: Little People Big World (possible spoilers)

Not meaning to be offensive, but I have to agree, those dresses for Amy were very inappropriate for her, in regards to her age and the fact that this is a second wedding, those dresses she had on were not for her.  She needs to tone it down a lot. 

Honored Contributor

I no longer watch the show but did Amy get the idea for the rocks from watching the movie The Long Long Trailer" (Lucille Ball)?

Honored Contributor

@drizzellla wrote:

I no longer watch the show but did Amy get the idea for the rocks from watching the movie The Long Long Trailer" (Lucille Ball)?

@drizzellla   I have wondered how Lucy in the Long, Long Trailer would ever remember what rock was gathered where, unless she marked the back, but doubt she would lift them to see.  I liked those rocks, unpainted and large.

Trusted Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

Not meaning to be offensive, but I have to agree, those dresses for Amy were very inappropriate for her, in regards to her age and the fact that this is a second wedding, those dresses she had on were not for her.  She needs to tone it down a lot. 

I have to agree. Those dresses looked horrible on her and her friends just sat there and "ooohed and awed" because they are being paid to be on the show. Amy needs something simple with a bit of sleeve. This whole wedding thing is just out of control. Poor Chris....but, of course, he's just in it for the money, too. 

Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels here on earth to teach us to be better humans.
Esteemed Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

I just laughed when Amy said in front of Zach and Tory that 

the wedding was "for the bride"..............hahhaha.  Even

Tory called her on that...................all about her....

If she wants a fancy wedding gown that is fine.....but only i believe the 3rd? one with the most lace covering her top i felt looked good on her...............a simpler gown may have been a better choice though.

Honored Contributor

Sometimes I think Chris likes Matt more than he likes Amy.

The wedding gowns didn't look good on Amy, nor were they appropriate for a late fifty something woman's second wedding.  However, it's her wedding and it's her choice.

Esteemed Contributor

@kelsey17 wrote:

@Shelbelle wrote:

I just laughed when Amy said in front of Zach and Tory that 

the wedding was "for the bride"..............hahhaha.  Even

Tory called her on that...................all about her....

If she wants a fancy wedding gown that is fine.....but only i believe the 3rd? one with the most lace covering her top i felt looked good on her...............a simpler gown may have been a better choice though.

I liked the 3rd gown as well.  Personally, I would not wear a white gown like that for a second wedding at her age.  She seems very immature in a lot of ways.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Amy had a wedding gown for her first marriage, so was surprised that she was getting one for her second, as usually women don't do that.

I am not sure about the color issue any longer, the way people live together before getting married, white, which implies purity, wouldn't apply to them so I think that issue is mute in today's society.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Am I the only one who questions the wisdom of having children when there is about a 50% chance the child will be born with a serious genetic disorder?

Look at the medical problems gone through by Matt and Zach throughout their lives.  I think dwarfism is a serious genetic disorder.  My personal opinion is that I would not chance it for my child.

Perhaps it's not politically correct to express this opinion, but it's what I believe.  My daughter has an autism spectrum disorder, and she has always said she would not have children to possibly pass it on to.  For awhile, she dated a young man with Type 1 diabetes.  His father had type 1 diabetes.  He said he would never have children and possibly pass it on to a child.

Hyacinth

Honored Contributor

@hyacinth003 wrote:

Am I the only one who questions the wisdom of having children when there is about a 50% chance the child will be born with a serious genetic disorder?

Look at the medical problems gone through by Matt and Zach throughout their lives.  I think dwarfism is a serious genetic disorder.  My personal opinion is that I would not chance it for my child.

Perhaps it's not politically correct to express this opinion, but it's what I believe.  My daughter has an autism spectrum disorder, and she has always said she would not have children to possibly pass it on to.  For awhile, she dated a young man with Type 1 diabetes.  His father had type 1 diabetes.  He said he would never have children and possibly pass it on to a child.

Hyacinth

@hyacinth003  I don't understand why they purchased the house they live in. Personally, I think they have their hands full and wouldn't have anymore but obviously she's going to do what she wants.

One of my friends has 3 grandkids that have type 1 diabetes. It was genetic on her son in law's side. However I have a cousin that has it for most of her life and has several children that never got it. My cousin has quite a few siblings that never got it either.

It's interesting how those things work out. It seems more likely that Tori would have another dwarf child as she already has several.