Honored Contributor

Little People Big World (possible spoilers)

So I just watched what I guess is the first episode this year.

The first one was all about Amy and Chris and Zach and Tory.

It was nice seeing Zack and Tory's children.

But I finished the show with what I can only describe as a 'bad taste in my mouth'.

After the last commercial, we (the viewer) were given a taste of episodes to come.  No,I'm not talking about 'coming attractions'.

I'm talking about Amy's 'snarky' remarks talking to Chris AND the camera about Matt's offer for them to Marryat the farm...of which some she still owns with Matt.

It might seem strange, but given the fact that she still owns some of the land there.

We saw last year how angry Amy got when she saw how Matt and Chris were getting along so well.

If she'd taken the time to think about it; she'd realize it is a good thing because...like it or not..she and Matt share four children together.  That means lots of celebrations in the lives of these 4 children.

Celebrations that could become uncomfortable if she had a husband who wanted no part of being around her ex-husband.

I'm interested in hearing from others who watch this show why they think Amy acts like she has a stick up her Fanny whenever Matt enters the conversation?

Honored Contributor

Re: Little People Big World (possible spoilers)

This program has run  its course.  I found it to be boring and actually fell asleep.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

I watched the most recent episode after not watching for a couple of years.  I decided I don't like these people and they're not interesting or entertaining.  I especially dislike Amy who I thing is a slob and not very bright.  I think she can't make a decision because she knows she's not savvy and is afraid she'll make a mistake, even with a lawyer advising her.  I see no reason to ever waste time watching another episode.  This series has had a long run and needs to fade away. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

All of the shows on TLC are scripted, and most of the participants are paid. I consider these shows to be "non-reality" with terrible actors, who exploit their own children for money.

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Honored Contributor

I loved the scene in the preview where Chris is talking to Amy  about his making a space for himself in her house, then saying when he returns his space for just him is gone!

I hope he leaves her and walks away.!

She only thinks about herself  and not others  as if they are her enemies..even  Chris and her kids!

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Esteemed Contributor

Amy looks like she wants to kill when Chris and Matt get along.  She looks miserable most of the time.

I can’t see Zach getting motivated enough to run the farm. And running the farm seems like just pumpkin season so far.  Zach acts very entitled when it comes to owning the farm...I don’t know what Matt’s plan is, but he must have considerable money tied up in it and Zach buying it doesn’t seem like a viable plan.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm Team Amy when it comes to Matt.  She dealt with his bulldozing her on whatever it was that HE wanted to do all throughout their marriage.  When she would say No or even so much as question him about all those things, he would bully her until he got his way.  I wouldn't have lasted a year married to that man.  Now, that's not to say that Amy isn't without her faults also.  Her lack of organizational skills, indecisiveness and being emotionally attached to every little thing (rocks, teacups, etc.) are annoying and would drive me nuts.

As for getting married on the farm, I do think it was nice of Matt to offer but there's no way I'd want to have my wedding there.  Sure, she lived there and has a lot of great memories with her family but, in the end (for me anyway), the farm represents too much of Matt and what she endured during their marriage.  Tori was right on with her assessment of the situation.

The last two seasons have been somewhat boring but I actually thought, from the previews, that it looks like it will be a little more interesting this season.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

While channel surfing last night, I came across this show.  I have watched it in the past but not regularly.  For lack of nothing else to watch, I tuned in just to see if the program had improved...ha!  I totally agree with this being scripted...so obvious as they try to keep this program alive.  I think they like the drama Matt and Amy bring for viewers....mix it up...show the anger, etc.  The idea of Amy and Chris getting married on farm is ridiculous!  All for SHOW.  They will show how things get nasty making plans, etc.  What happened to the more friendly and intimate wedding at home of Chris's friends?  I loved the look in Tory's face, and comment, about wedding on farm.

This show is beyond stupid!  I always turn it off saying...

"WHY DID I WATCH THAT???"

Esteemed Contributor

I live a bit away from them, and the land they bought is zoned as agricultural.  Pretty prime there at the head of the valley.

When he swooped in and bought it, all the old timers were pretty miffed, and still are.  I mean really not friendly.

Just some gossip....

Esteemed Contributor

@Annabellethecat66  Re: Amy's team: It probably seems like Matt ran all over her, but, gawd, she can't make a decision and it would drive anyone crazy who is a go-getter like Matt. I just can't stand her. She's bitter and it's written all over her all of the time. I don't see what Chris sees in her. She's not one bit cute. Tori and Zach's kids are so adorable. Jackson is very bright, sweet, and polite. I wish Jeremy and his wife would have stayed on the show. What a beautiful couple they are. 

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein