Esteemed Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

Why is this show still being aired?  I got sick of it years ago.

ITA!  Boring Boring Boring. Who cares about these people and their small lives. Much more important worries than Amy and her complaining constantly

------------------

One of the reasons I stopped watching!!  I enjoyed the show when the kids were little and growing along with the farm.  But now it is just the same storyline over and over...Amy's resentment and anger, Matt's moving on and Tori and Zack's family struggle.

Honored Contributor

Did Matt cheat with Caryn while he was still married to Amy?

Is that why Amy is so angry all the time?

Super Contributor

@ChiliPepper  I think Amy believes Matt and Caryn did have an affair. Caryn had close dealings with Matt all the time about the management of the farm. I am not sure what her actual title was at the farm. It has been verified in Caryn' s divorce that her children were not allowed on the farm or any contact with Matt. It does appear that Matt and Caryn did have an affair under Amy' s nose. I understand Amy's anger but she has a fiance now and it's time to move on. Matt and Chris seem to get along fine.

Honored Contributor

Re: Little People Big World 3/31

I think a lot of folks here might not have seen how awful Matt was to Amy for many years.   She's not so bad.   He was horrible.

Granted, they are two very different people and usually that will just get further and further apart as the years go on, but she always put the family first and Matt put Matt first.

I'm not trying to dog Matt.  I don't think, over all, he's a horrible person.  But he can be pretty persnickety and doesn't listen to others.  He just bullies his way through.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@chickenbutt  I remember Matt driving her crazy and she was well within her rights to be annoyed with him. By the end of the marriage she was awful towards him. And the kids saw all this. I think the kids know that she needs to move on and she carries a ton of resentment that is unhealthy. Zach seems to be aware of this.

Honored Contributor

@Snoopp wrote:

@chickenbutt  I remember Matt driving her crazy and she was well within her rights to be annoyed with him. By the end of the marriage she was awful towards him. And the kids saw all this. I think the kids know that she needs to move on and she carries a ton of resentment that is unhealthy. Zach seems to be aware of this.

ITA that she needs to move on.  I think that's been complicated a bit by the fact that they have still been living on the same property and having to make decisions together about different aspects of the property.

Hopefully, as Amy gets a new place, she will be able to put all that behind her.  Well, at least, if she sells her interest and doesn't have to have anything further to do with the property with him.

Esteemed Contributor

@chickenbutt  I agree with you.

Honored Contributor

I try to not disparage any shows.  What I like to watch often isn't what other's like to watch.

Now if someone says, "What do you watch" or "What's something I might like" I'd consider listing some.

But just become I don't like a show doesn't mean I should say something very negative about it.

At least I try not to.

Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

I think a lot of folks here might not have seen how awful Matt was to Amy for many years.   She's not so bad.   He was horrible.

Granted, they are two very different people and usually that will just get further and further apart as the years go on, but she always put the family first and Matt put Matt first.

I'm not trying to dog Matt.  I don't think, over all, he's a horrible person.  But he can be pretty persnickety and doesn't listen to others.  He just bullies his way through.

@chickenbutt  I think their issues stemmed from the fact that they both wanted different things in life....Matt was a "doer"....not big with having fun and doing fun things like Amy was...she would have loved to travel...meet new people... enjoy life.. try new experiences.  Matt, on the other hand,  stay home, work on the farm.... bla bla bla...their indifferences stemmed from this friction over the years....and anger from Amy towards Matt who became indifferent.  

Of course Matt has more physical disabilities than Amy, so he never was never one to want to go on trips etc with family that was physical with walking etc.  And when he did go on trips with the family,  some of the earlier shows, he stayed behind and did not join  in with the family  and Amy expressed a lot of dislike of him for being a party pooper per say. 

Both became bitter....I see Amy just as awful to Matt as He was to her. They just out grew each other. It happens, I have been married 40 years....the man I married at  age 24,is not the same person I married then today. We both have changed...but, we have always accepted those changes and worked them into our relationship without holding anger.

My Parents divorced at 20 years married....like Amy and Matt....they both wanted different things... three children later.... sadly our family fell apart. 

interestingly after both my parents remarried other people for  25 years....they came  back together when my Father divorced his 2nd wife, and my Mother's Husband passed away.   My Mother died in 2004....my Father passed away in 2015. They decided  before my Mother died to be buried next to one another..... and they are. They really always loved one another.....they just let bitter feelings break them up...SAD. 

Honored Contributor

@sunshine 919 wrote:

@threecees wrote:

Reminder,

First episode of this season premieres tonight at 9.

See how many thousand times we hear about Amy and her new house.

Or how many times we hear Chris's name or how many times we hear about what Matt wants to do with the farm lol.

7 Little Johnstons will be back soon.  I love their familySmiley Happy

@sunshine 919   Or how many times we hear Matt criticize and company about Amy, almost every time he is on screen.