Esteemed Contributor

Re: Little People 5/5 Prom and Pumpkins

I don't understand how Amy was able to go to the Prom and dance and have a good time .... when she had just found out her Mother had passed away.  I would have been too grieve stricken to go to a party.   But I suppose people grieve in different ways.   

Honored Contributor

@tends2dogs wrote:

No one has mentioned Chris's brown hair at the prom.  I think he looks so much better with white hair, but it was a cute touch for the throw back prom!  

I think that Chris and Amy have true feelings for each other.  It is a good thing that Chris has seen how Amy keeps house (or doesn't).  I think she is a great cook and has a good heart.  Matt tried his hardest during the marriage to "organize" Amy, but I just don't think that is part of her DNA, LOL.

I think alot of the Amy drama is for the show.  

@tends2dogs  Years ago when the show first started, Amy said her Mother was a clean freak when she was growing up. Amy said she was never going to be like that.

As for Matt, I remember him trying to 'train Amy'. Let him do the organizing if it was so upsetting. 
Seems Zack took after Amy. When growing up he unclogged a toilet off the bathroom, came out and put the plunger on the kitchen counter! 

Respected Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@tends2dogs wrote:

No one has mentioned Chris's brown hair at the prom.  I think he looks so much better with white hair, but it was a cute touch for the throw back prom!  

I think that Chris and Amy have true feelings for each other.  It is a good thing that Chris has seen how Amy keeps house (or doesn't).  I think she is a great cook and has a good heart.  Matt tried his hardest during the marriage to "organize" Amy, but I just don't think that is part of her DNA, LOL.

@tends2dogs  Years ago when the show first started, Amy said her Mother was a clean freak when she was growing up. Amy said she was never going to be like that.

As for Matt, I remember him trying to 'train Amy'. Let him do the organizing if it was so upsetting. 
Seems Zack took after Amy. When growing up he unclogged a toilet off the bathroom, came out and put the plunger on the kitchen counter! 

Oh my word, I never saw that episode but am not surprised about Zach. And seeing his and Tori's garage packed full of stuff wonder if he's a hoarder too.

Esteemed Contributor

OMG, @proudlyfromNJ , too gross for words.  I remember that the kids beds never had sheets on them.  They either had a comforter or a sleeping bag thrown over them.

There is a difference between clean freak and someone that has a bit of organization and tidiness in their repertoire....Amy really doesn't have either.  Her counters are always cluttered and there is always stuff piled everywhere.  I wonder if Molly got the Amy gene or the Matt gene.....LOL Woman Wink

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

@tends2dogs wrote:

@tends2dogs   Re the house cleaning, I think Amy just didn't have time to clean, she had no help from Matt re running four kids here and their for school and activities, washing clothes, shopping for food and clothes, and cooking meals for six people, in addition to which imagine how difficult it would be for any woman to keep up with all of that, much less a little person who has to take so many more steps than normal height people, and she also taught school for a while..I think she tended to the most important issues, and the kids certainly didn't help, though Molly seemed to.

Matt was great at giving orders, and no appreciation for all that Amy did.

Esteemed Contributor

@mousiegirl I agree.  I am not bashing Amy.  I think her priorities were being a good mother.  Her kids have always seemed happy and well adjusted.  They all love each other.  That is more important than a clean house.  I often wondered why Matt just didn't hire a cleaning service to help her out.  But then again, I don't think the clutter bothered her.  She was on television that broadcasted to the whole country.  If it bothered her, I think things would have been different. 

At the end of the day her kids would call her a good mom.  I doubt that they would call her out about her house cleaning skills.  I think that is more important in the big scheme of life.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@tends2dogs wrote:

@tends2dogs   Re the house cleaning, I think Amy just didn't have time to clean, she had no help from Matt re running four kids here and their for school and activities, washing clothes, shopping for food and clothes, and cooking meals for six people, in addition to which imagine how difficult it would be for any woman to keep up with all of that, much less a little person who has to take so many more steps than normal height people, and she also taught school for a while..I think she tended to the most important issues, and the kids certainly didn't help, though Molly seemed to.

Matt was great at giving orders, and no appreciation for all that Amy did.

I thought Amy should have hired a maid.  She was totally busy with those kids.  At one time I think she was a teachers assistant. Their house is big she could have used help.  As far as the kids go maybe Amy let that go if she had to clean all the time while growing up.  You can be a neat freak and its 50/50 if your kids will be.  Or they could be the exact opposite