Honored Contributor

ITA, Mousiegirl!  I've watched them since they first hit tv and there were years of Matt's negative and damaging behavior.  Amy took care of everything and everybody.  Amy always cared about the family.  Matt always cared about Matt.

I don't know why Amy gets such a bad rap here by some.   I'm not saying anybody is perfect.  I'm just saying that she held things together as much as was possible for her, yet Matt was regularly a destructive influence.

Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

ITA, Mousiegirl!  I've watched them since they first hit tv and there were years of Matt's negative and damaging behavior.  Amy took care of everything and everybody.  Amy always cared about the family.  Matt always cared about Matt.

I don't know why Amy gets such a bad rap here by some.   I'm not saying anybody is perfect.  I'm just saying that she held things together as much as was possible for her, yet Matt was regularly a destructive influence.

@chickenbutt   Exactly.

Respected Contributor

Frankly,  I wouldn't want to live with either one of them.

Honored Contributor

@KKJ wrote:

I wonder how great things will be after Chris has to deal with Amy's incessant nagging and complaining like she did/does with Matt.  I'd say  "Run, get out while you can!"

I am hoping Amy will be happy.  I believe it  would be hard for her.  The more I watch this show the more I am beginning to understand Amy's anger. It must be hard to see Caryn stepping in and being involved in all the family stuff.  

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Little People 4/14

[ Edited ]

I checked Amy's Instagram page to see when she and Chris actually got

engaged and it was around late September 2019. About 7 months ago, so

that's how far back they filmed.

70911722_129880078373975_7223394851231893761_n(1).jpg

Esteemed Contributor

@kelsey17 wrote:

I just think Chris's timing of the proposal is a bit odd........

his comment on this show was he was going to be a professional realtor towards Amy's buying the new home and said something like "it is HER investment to buy the house"...........but he kept mentioning  how if she said YES

HE would be living there too............NOW wouldn't it be

a better situation if he would pop the question BEFORE

she purchases a home and HE CAN CHIP IN TOWARDS THE BUYING OF THE HOUSE instead of waiting until AFTER she purchases it fully by herself?.........knowing he would be living there too????   

Just thinking once he proposes he will have a nice new house to live in .....and it cost him nothing......

If he proposes beforehand...i think anyone would expect him to go halves 

I have been thinking the same thing, @kelsey17 .  Propose and then plan your lives going forward. ......  as in buy a house that you BOTH pay for.  It could afford them something bigger and better.  I thin Chris is sorry that Amy agreed to sell.  When they were sitting on her deck looking out at the farmland, he said "we won't be looking at anything like this after you leave.  we will be looking at a wall."  I thought that was kind of mean.  You would think he would be thinking that together they could buy something so much nicer.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Respected Contributor

she would be stupid, not to get a pre-nup.

Honored Contributor

Amy didn't seem happy. I wonder if she actually is. She still owns part of the farm and I still don't understand why she didn't just build on that section. They own a lot of acreage. I read that she lives in a subdivision now. That's quite a change.

Respected Contributor

@sunshine 919 wrote:

@KKJ wrote:

I wonder how great things will be after Chris has to deal with Amy's incessant nagging and complaining like she did/does with Matt.  I'd say  "Run, get out while you can!"

I am hoping Amy will be happy.  I believe it  would be hard for her.  The more I watch this show the more I am beginning to understand Amy's anger. It must be hard to see Caryn stepping in and being involved in all the family stuff.  

Yeah, I've noticed this too, how Caryn is right there doting on the grandkids a lot. Am sure it must get under Amy's skin.

Honored Contributor

@colliemom4 wrote:

Amy didn't seem happy. I wonder if she actually is. She still owns part of the farm and I still don't understand why she didn't just build on that section. They own a lot of acreage. I read that she lives in a subdivision now. That's quite a change.

@colliemom4   It is difficult to know if Amy sold off all of her share of the farm, as it is said she did, or just some of it.  The fence/wall that is being built is to separate the land they own, so it appears that Matt owns the largest share, but I am thinking that half of his side must be Amy's also as it is part of the farm as a whole, and that she just sold off the main house, can't get an answer on google.