Honored Contributor

Honestly, if you are in your mid-fifties and getting engaged, why are you waiting almost two years to get married?  Ridiculous.

Respected Contributor

yeah, and why are they making it such a big affair? Shouldn't say that as not for sure but watched an interview with Amy & Chris and they said they're waiting till sometime in 2021 because of the virus and also there was a lot of planning to do---looking at different venues, going over guest lists, etc.

Honored Contributor

Amy may have had an inkling and hope that he would propose that night, but don't think she knew until he stared at her and she said "what?"  She knew then something was up.

Honored Contributor

@KKJ wrote:

yeah, and why are they making it such a big affair? Shouldn't say that as not for sure but watched an interview with Amy & Chris and they said they're waiting till sometime in 2021 because of the virus and also there was a lot of planning to do---looking at different venues, going over guest lists, etc.

@KKJ Why would anyone care what kind of wedding someone else chooses to have? That's their business. Since Chris has never been married maybe this is what he would like. 

Respected Contributor

FYI, I was responding to faeriemoon's post about waiting so long to get married. And yes, nobody's business that is true, just discussing on this board. But please carry on with pouncing  on & attacking other posters.

Super Contributor

@sunshine 919 wrote:

@KKJ wrote:

Thought I heard him say it was to separate his side from future buyers of the side Amy was on?

So she sold it to him so he can sell it?

I could be wrong, but seems like a while back Matt explained that Amy sold to him her half of the property he is on now (DW side). For a while she argued she wanted his side, no she didn't, she didn't know what she wanted. The half she had with the big house is going to be sold and profits shared.

Super Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@KKJ wrote:

@KKJ Why would anyone care what kind of wedding someone else chooses to have? That's their business. Since Chris has never been married maybe this is what he would like. 

Chris said it was important for them to share the day with family and close friends. Maybe they wanted to wait until Amy was settled in her new home and then came the virus which would prevent anyone from attending. I am just very happy for both of them and wish them many years of happiness.

Honored Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

Honestly, if you are in your mid-fifties and getting engaged, why are you waiting almost two years to get married?  Ridiculous.

Amy takes a long time to make her  mind up about everything.  This is probably the reason she was attracted to Matt in the first place.  He is a go getter and always has a plan.  When this show first started Amy argued with him about everything.  However I don't think the farm would be what it is now if Matt had not had a vision of what it could be.  Granted he could have had some empathy about Amy's concerns,I think the main issue was is that Matt would have an idea and just go for it and tell Amy later, instead of discussing the idea.  I wonder if they went to marriage counseling. It would be nice if they each could lighten up.  Too bad they both jumped into relationships so soon.  Not sure when Matt and Caryn started. 

I am thinking they might be able to be friends if they both had not jumped into relationships.   

Esteemed Contributor

When Amy was talking to Matt &Caryn about getting married i felt Matt & Caryn were genuinely happy for her...but you can still see resentment in Amy (who i have to admit i am not a fan of)........but you can still see the anger in her eyes/speech.... even though she said a million times how her and Chris have been together for 3 years and he hadn't proposed at that point.......i think she absolutely KNEW he was gonna propose before the show...............i think part of her got engaged to prove to Matt & Caryn that she could....

She still has issues and should iron them about before making any commitment

Honored Contributor

@kelsey17 wrote:

When Amy was talking to Matt &Caryn about getting married i felt Matt & Caryn were genuinely happy for her...but you can still see resentment in Amy (who i have to admit i am not a fan of)........but you can still see the anger in her eyes/speech.... even though she said a million times how her and Chris have been together for 3 years and he hadn't proposed at that point.......i think she absolutely KNEW he was gonna propose before the show...............i think part of her got engaged to prove to Matt & Caryn that she could....

She still has issues and should iron them about before making any commitment

I agree, Amy has not moved on, too much anger.  I would be angry too always having to deal with someone you believe your husband had an affair with. And Caryn just moving in on the kids and holding the grand babies.  I do think Amy should get counseling.  Matt is totally happy.  That must bother her too.  Not once has matt said maybe he could have treated Amy different