Honored Contributor

I have been watching this show and I have a new appreciation for this show.  I always liked it, I do appreciate good programming like this.

Now on the other hand I have been watching the Gilmore Girls I use to love it.  I still enjoy it however I do find Lorelei irritating lol.  Never did beforeSmiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Re: Little House On The Prairie

Lol! 🤣I've been watching it too! I've also been watching The Waltons. I'm enjoying both of them! They take my mind off of all this gloom.😷 A friend of mine just lost his son to Covid19 yesterday.  He was 46, healthy, no underlying conditions. 😭🙏🏼

"Kindness is like snow ~It beautifies everything it covers"
-Kahlil Gibran
Respected Contributor

I watched one or two episodes and never went back. The series was based on Laura Ingalls Wilder series of novels, and very rarely did the tv show stick to any of the books' story lines.

Honored Contributor

have not seen or heard from the actress Melissa Gilbert  who played Laura for YEARS.  Seems like she just dropped off the celebrity page.  She remarried in 2013.  Surprised she has not done more lifetime movies or such like so many other TV show actors have turned to. She was a very good actress in the parts she played.

Respected Contributor

I've enjoyed both  Little House and the Waltons from the very beginning and still watch every day. I get both on more than one channel. 

Esteemed Contributor

Our family never watched Little House on the Prairie when it aired on primetime, but I've enjoyed watching it in syndication.  I usually cry.  😂

Esteemed Contributor

I always loved watching Little House. Such a great family show.

I always felt so bad for Mary when she went blind. I was a kid watching it and

couldn't stand that Nellie Olsen. Some of the later episodes were not that great

but still an enjoyable oldie.

Esteemed Contributor

Just wanted to add that one episode that stuck with me has always

been a 2 part show actually. It was titled "Remember Me" about a 

friend dying. At the very end of the show the lady speaks this:

download.jpg

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have always loved Little House, have the series and watched it until Cagney and Lacey came on at the same time, but then sometimes I switch over at 6:00.

I had never heard of the Gilmore Girls, but for some reason decided to buy the series, inexpensively.  I began laughing from the first episode, and every episode thereafter, but havn't viewed more than two discs at this point.  I had it on while performing kitchen duties, a nice distraction.

I love the Waltons also, too bad we don't have such great family shows now, though if I had Grandchildren, I would have them watch.

Honored Contributor

@threecees wrote:

Just wanted to add that one episode that stuck with me has always

been a 2 part show actually. It was titled "Remember Me" about a 

friend dying. At the very end of the show the lady speaks this:

download.jpg

i know exactly which episodes you are talking about @threecees . they were actually on recently. very well done and had the wonderful actress patricia neal.

i have been watching A LOT of  little house on the prairie (on UP and hallmark drama channels) and the waltons (hallmark drama and insp channels) lately, especially being stuck at home more. i am now ready for a trivia night on either of these shows! i will always enjoy them.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein