Honored Contributor

Re: Little House On The Prairie TV Show

That was one of my favorite shows growing up and it brings back good memories. 

Esteemed Contributor

@GenXmuse I never missed an episode. It ran from 1974 to 1983 and I

was a teen during the time when the show was coming to an end and had

a crush on Albert. Great show.

images (7).jpg

Trusted Contributor

Laura Ingalls Wilder was my favorite childhood author and  I read all her books. The subject matter, time frame and setting really resonated with my childhood self. In later years, I faithfully watched LH with my then toddler daughter, who was fascinated with Carrie Ingalls because the actress who played Carrie could have been my daughter's twin sister. The resemblance was uncanny. Many warm memories of that show. Unrealistic, sugar coated and dated by today's standards, maybe, but I loved it and still watch the reruns. 
While I'm at it, I was and still am a big fan of the Waltons too. Different strokes for different folks, I guess. 

Honored Contributor

@threecees wrote:

@GenXmuse I never missed an episode. It ran from 1974 to 1983 and I

was a teen during the time when the show was coming to an end and had

a crush on Albert. Great show.

images (7).jpg

Honey, you and me both!  He was such a cutie, wasn't he? 

Honored Contributor

I used to watch it on UP TV in the afternoons.  If my husband came into the living room to sit I wouldhave to change the channel because he thought it was always so depressing.

Esteemed Contributor

Michael Landon was one of my favorite actors growing up. From Bonanza on down I loved all the shows he was in.I particularly enjoyed Little House on the Prairie.

Honored Contributor

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

Michael Landon was one of my favorite actors growing up. From Bonanza on down I loved all the shows he was in.I particularly enjoyed Little House on the Prairie.

@NicksmomESQ  I liked him in Bonanza.  As for LHOTP, much too shmaltzy a show for me to like anyone in that.

Honored Contributor

absolutely love little house on the prairie.....STILL.

i often have it on during the day if i am working from home (and even at work sometimes.) i also like dr quinn medicine woman and the waltons....also on during the day.

LHOTP did do a number of "meat and potatoes" episodes......some focusing on death of children, death of parents, rape, weather catastrophies, race, animal abuse, sexism, infidelity, theft, blindness, jealousy, discrimination, politics/government and more.

michael landon, may he rest in peace, was a genius in the industry.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@Maltichonmom17 wrote:

Laura Ingalls Wilder was my favorite childhood author and  I read all her books. The subject matter, time frame and setting really resonated with my childhood self. In later years, I faithfully watched LH with my then toddler daughter, who was fascinated with Carrie Ingalls because the actress who played Carrie could have been my daughter's twin sister. The resemblance was uncanny. Many warm memories of that show. Unrealistic, sugar coated and dated by today's standards, maybe, but I loved it and still watch the reruns. 
While I'm at it, I was and still am a big fan of the Waltons too. Different strokes for different folks, I guess. 

@Maltichonmom17 

i am sure you already know this, but the part of CARRIE was actually played by a set of twins.......lindsay greenbush and sidney greenbush. hard to believe they are now 50 years old!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

absolutely love little house on the prairie.....STILL.

i often have it on during the day if i am working from home (and even at work sometimes.) i also like dr quinn medicine woman and the waltons....also on during the day.

LHOTP did do a number of "meat and potatoes" episodes......some focusing on death of children, death of parents, rape, weather catastrophies, race, animal abuse, sexism, infidelity, theft, blindness, jealousy, discrimination, politics/government and more.

michael landon, may he rest in peace, was a genius in the industry.

@sunshine45  Yeah I've seen a couple of those. They were schmaltzy too! 😄