Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Little House On The Prairie TV Show

I still watch Little House.  I do not like Mr. Edward's, just looking at him makes me cringe, and did not like that Michael cried in every episode, but other than that, love it, also The Waltons, and so many other shows from the past.

Honored Contributor

Never really liked it.  Too sugary for me.  Very unrealistic portrait of Laura and her family. Mary (the sister) really did become blind but never married.  Laura's only surviving child, a daughter, became very famous during her life time.  Rose Wilder Lane.  She was a journalist and worked for William Randolph Hurst.  Although Laura is credited as being the author of the Little House books, most of them were in fact written by Rose.  A much better writer.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@riley1 wrote:

Never cared for Little House when it was first on and never watched. Disappointed that Hallmark is showing it every day for at least 3 or 4 episodes in the morning.

@riley1 

LHOTP is on the hallmark movies and mysteries channel......hallmark has two other channels to watch AND a hallmark movies now channel. we get three channels as part of our xfinity service. glad that  they are showing LHOTP, the waltons, dr quinn, and some movies mixed in.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

@riley1 wrote:

Never cared for Little House when it was first on and never watched. Disappointed that Hallmark is showing it every day for at least 3 or 4 episodes in the morning.

@riley1 

LHOTP is on the hallmark drama channel......hallmark has two other channels to watch AND a hallmark movies now channel. we get three channels as part of our xfinity service. glad that ONE of them is showing LHOTP, the waltons, dr quinn, and some movies mixed in.

@sunshine45  As someone else posted above, plus myself, Hallmark Movies and Mysteries shows LHOTP  for 3 consecutive hours each weekday morning. If it is shown on H Drama too, then that's two HMK stations showing it.

Trusted Contributor

I totally agree with @sunshine45 . LHOTP is my all-time favorite show. I didn't watch it years ago, but love it now. I think they address "serious" issues in many episodes, & don't see it as "sugary sweet". It has a calming effect on me. I think I would love to have lived in a simpler time; a slower pace. I love the pilot & the Christmas episodes especially. Cox has 9 seasons of it on demand. Sometimes I just put it on when I'm not sitting & watching, but want the tv on but don't want to hear the "noise" of some of the newer shows, or the craziness of the news.

Valued Contributor

@songbird wrote:

Never really liked it.  Too sugary for me.  Very unrealistic portrait of Laura and her family. Mary (the sister) really did become blind but never married.  Laura's only surviving child, a daughter, became very famous during her life time.  Rose Wilder Lane.  She was a journalist and worked for William Randolph Hurst.  Although Laura is credited as being the author of the Little House books, most of them were in fact written by Rose.  A much better writer.  

---

There was an interesting documentary not too long ago on PBS about Laura Ingalls Wilder and her daughter, Rose.

Reality not so close to the impression I had from watching LHOP.

Esteemed Contributor

@sunshine45 - It is on Hallmark Movies & Mysteries channel. Should have mentioned that.

Honored Contributor

@Highlands72 wrote:

@songbird wrote:

---

There was an interesting documentary not too long ago on PBS about Laura Ingalls Wilder and her daughter, Rose.

Reality not so close to the impression I had from watching LHOP.

I wish I had seen that.  Rose was a much more interesting person then Laura.  A poignant note.....Laura's baby boy died less then 2 weeks.  Rose lost her child too. Still born.  

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

@riley1 wrote:

@riley1 

LHOTP is on the hallmark drama channel......hallmark has two other channels to watch AND a hallmark movies now channel. we get three channels as part of our xfinity service. glad that ONE of them is showing LHOTP, the waltons, dr quinn, and some movies mixed in.

@sunshine45  As someone else posted above, plus myself, Hallmark Movies and Mysteries shows LHOTP  for 3 consecutive hours each weekday morning. If it is shown on H Drama too, then that's two HMK stations showing it.

@Pearlee 

i corrected my post to say that it is on HMM and not HD. hallmark has a total of four channels available. i dont watch magnum pi or murder she wrote or monk, but they are all multiple times a day on the HMM channel.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Trusted Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

@Maltichonmom17 wrote:

Laura Ingalls Wilder was my favorite childhood author and  I read all her books. The subject matter, time frame and setting really resonated with my childhood self. In later years, I faithfully watched LH with my then toddler daughter, who was fascinated with Carrie Ingalls because the actress who played Carrie could have been my daughter's twin sister. The resemblance was uncanny. Many warm memories of that show. Unrealistic, sugar coated and dated by today's standards, maybe, but I loved it and still watch the reruns. 
While I'm at it, I was and still am a big fan of the Waltons too. Different strokes for different folks, I guess. 

@Maltichonmom17 

i am sure you already know this, but the part of CARRIE was actually played by a set of twins.......lindsay greenbush and sidney greenbush. hard to believe they are now 50 years old!

@sunshine45 , Whew, that makes me feel REALLY old! 👵😄