Honored Contributor

Re: Little House On The Prairie TV Show

@BriggsiePeawiggle    Finally, someone that likes it.  I never watched it when it was first introduced but when I can, I watch it in the mornings on Hallmark.  I find it to be a family program without a bunch of violence and the acting is very good.  As far as sweet, I don't see it, but rather stories that relate to that time period.

kindness is strength
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

I liked to watch it with my grandmother sometimes.  At the end of the program, when Laura ran through the field of flowers with the little dog, my dog would notice it, run up to the TV and lick it.  Good memories.

Sure, it was corny and predictable, but so what?  Now and then I'll catch an episode these days and watch.  

Respected Contributor

i thank goodness for shows like LHOTP and most of what is on up tv.   during this last year in particular, i have gotten fed up to way over my eyeballs with any kind of news shows and have desperately needed to escape to shows like this.  the world is a crazy place right now and walnut grove brings me peace.  

Honored Contributor

@fancy pantsy wrote:

i thank goodness for shows like LHOTP and most of what is on up tv.   during this last year in particular, i have gotten fed up to way over my eyeballs with any kind of news shows and have desperately needed to escape to shows like this.  the world is a crazy place right now and walnut grove brings me peace.  

@fancy pantsy  All our cable channels have mostly these old shows. It’s unbelievable. There will be two of the old shows on at one time on different channels! Although, they took away the UP channel and now you have to pay extra for it! I didn’t think it had great ratings. Watching Colombo right now!

Honored Contributor

@fancy pantsy wrote:

@fancy pantsy  I enjoy watching the old TV shows also --- but not LHOTP.

Honored Contributor

I preferred the more light hearted episodes of Little House On The Prairie....some of their drama story lines were a bit depressing...I also like classic sitcoms--the Andy Griffith, Leave It To Beaver

@Pearlee I know what you mean about the "diabetes" shows.... The ones that were too syrupy for me were Family Affair, Full House, ...and of course today's Hallmark Movies, although some of the Hallmark Mystery series are good...

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

I adored Little House on the Prairie.  I read all the books when I was a child, and I watched the show with my babysitter, too.  I think that TV shows that actually encourage morality and kindness to others, especially ones that show how mean comments and mean actions can negatively impact the recipient, and even the perpetrator, are quite valuable.  I think we need more of these kinds of TV shows today, considering the nastiness and lack of empathy I have witnessed in today's teens.  

Honored Contributor

@BriggsiePeawiggle wrote:

I'll disagree. I love Little House on the Prairie. Of course it's fake and overly sweet -- but I find the acting pretty darned good, and I just like it.

I enjoy Little House and most of the older shows.  I don't have to worry about cursing and other inappropriate stuff.  I'm glad it is still on.Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Pearlee 

I just hate to admit how pitiful I am but...............

I have every season of Murder She Wrote available to me at any time on Peacock.

I watched The Witch's Curse last evening!💕💕

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 I just remembered it was available there.

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Esteemed Contributor

Never cared for Little House when it was first on and never watched. Disappointed that Hallmark is showing it every day for at least 3 or 4 episodes in the morning.