Honored Contributor

Little House On The Prairie TV Show

Of course I was aware of this TV show when it was on, but that was during a time in my life when I was so busy I retty much only watched TV for the local news, and not much else (I was well into adulthood).

Unfortunately Hallmark Movies and Mysteries plays 3 episodes of the show each weekday morning and, since I fall asleep at night watching Murder She Wrote on that station (  @4kitties !)  I've lolligagged in bed long enough to see some episodes.

Blech! Yuk! I feel myself getting diabetes watching those overly sweet, tug-at-the-hearstrings shows! I really can't stand that show. 👎 If I happen to wake up to that now, I can't find the remote fast enough. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Little House On The Prairie TV Show

[ Edited ]

@Pearlee 

I have never admitted to anyone that I do not care for Little House either.  I love the actors, but the show was just too much for me.  It is so popular and is on all the time on a couple of channels I like.  UP TV and Hallmark.  

We have recently changed our package with Xfinity/Comcast and now have dvr included.  I have been exploring and experimenting with it and I can record Murder She Wrote and other late night shows when I am able to sleep.  I am happy about that!

I know I am late to the party with dvr............☺️☺️☺️☺️☺️☺️☺️☺️

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Then you might enjoy the final episode - all of Walnut Grove was blown-up with explosives.

Valued Contributor

I absolutely hate LHOTP!!! I always thought that the dad favored Laura over her sisters.  

Honored Contributor

@4kitties wrote:

@Pearlee 

I have never admitted to anyone that I do not care for Little House either.  I love the actors, but the show was just too much for me.  It is so popular and is on all the time on a couple of channels I like.  UP TV and Hallmark.  

We have recently changed our package with Xfinity/Comcast and now have dvr included.  I have been exploring and experimenting with it and I can record Murder She Wrote and other late night shows when I am able to sleep.  I am happy about that!

I know I am late to the party with dvr............☺️☺️☺️☺️☺️☺️☺️☺️

@4kitties. Glad you agree about LHOTP. 

One of our favorite MSW episodes was on at 3:00 a.m. this morning --- The Witch's Curse with Mary Crosby (my fave episode).

Hope you DVR'd it!  🧙‍♀️🧹

Respected Contributor

@Pearlee 

Dern.......I did not.  Have had some stress in my life lately and I have not been checking the episodes.😩😩😩😩😩

Esteemed Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

Then you might enjoy the final episode - all of Walnut Grove was blown-up with explosives.

LOL!!!!!

Valued Contributor

I'll disagree. I love Little House on the Prairie. Of course it's fake and overly sweet -- but I find the acting pretty darned good, and I just like it.

Respected Contributor

And I am one that really enjoys "family" shows.  I love The Waltons, Heartland, Andy Griffith.  But I could never get into Little House.........

Esteemed Contributor

I just liked looking at Michael Landon!