Trusted Contributor

Little Grandsons for New Years :)

I am lucky enough to have my Kindergarten and 2nd grade grandsons for New Years Eve.  Any ideas about what would be fun for them or ways to celebrate?  Is there a countdown earlier on TV somewhere for little ones?  Movie suggestions?  Thanks!

Respected Contributor

Re: Little Grandsons for New Years :)

[ Edited ]

When I used to babysit the grands on NY Eve I would let them stay up til midnight (if they could stay awake!)...most of the time they did....we would have snacks and watch movies.  At midnight we'd watch the ball drop and they would bang on kitchen pans with wooden spoons!!!

Ah, the good old days.  They are in high school and college now!

Just thought of something else we used to do....your grandchildren may be a bit too young for it now, but think about it down the road.  We would write "predictions" of what would happen to each family member in the upcoming year.  No one knew what the others wrote (Grandpa or I would help the little ones who could only dictate).  Usually just funny things like "Daddy will grow a beard in the new year," or "Charlie will throw up at school in the new year"....just whatever they came up with!  Then I would put fold up the predictions and put them in a jar in the cupboard....we would open them on New Year's Day the next year.  We always had a lot of laughs reading them!

Respected Contributor

Go to thespruce.com and search New Year’s Eve children. They have many good ideas.

Honored Contributor

Lucky You! Have fun,

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-k7rN97CBamY/Vm0dhcvMg1I/AAAAAAAAAOE/QMEtFRVxO74/s1600/18.gif

Esteemed Contributor

Bowling?  Many bowling places have NYEve festivities.

Respected Contributor

@buyornot  Check with your local library,  park district, or children's museum to see if they have a New Year's Eve at noon activity.  It's really fun to be with everyone ringing the new year (early).

Honored Contributor

Mine would stay up to watch the ball drop.

I always made popcorn & for the grands, bubbly Apple Cider which I told them was champagne. Smiley LOL

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

My five and seven years old grands are with us for New Years.  Since we are on Mountain Time, I'll put on a  Disney movie early with snacks and "champagne" and then (if they are awake) watch the ball drop in NYC (or Australia or wherever) and let them have party hats and noise makers.

Respected Contributor

Maybe a board game?  Make dinner together?  Drag out the family photos of Christmases Long past.  Spend the time together.

Honored Contributor

My 4 year old Granddaughter and 1 1/2 year old granddaughter just saw for the 1st time The Wizard Of Oz, and they both loved it!!!!!Other movie suggestions:

Zootopia

Trolls

Sing

Frozen

Moana

Also as others have said, maybe a Fun Game, and special treats!!!! Enjoy! Have fun!