Esteemed Contributor

@ID2 wrote:

That was THE WORST final episode of any series I have ever seen! My dh and I continued to laugh throughout! What an over the top messed up family! Reese's acting was suburb though.

It sure was messed up.  

Respected Contributor

I agree , i did not think it was that great for a an ending , it seemed over the top drama.

That being said , i thought  Reese was great , And as much i think Kerry is a great actress , she never seems be very likeable in any role , i loved scandal  with her in it but i didn't like her character. didn't it they say season finale , indicating a possible 2'nd season ?

Respected Contributor

I read the book and just fininshed the mini series.  I thought it started out great but the further into the book it got the more it changed from the book.   The last episode was so far off from the book that it was like another book.

I have never understood why they take a book good enough to make a movie or series of it and then change so much it hardly resembles the book.  

Also, it seemed to bog down with every episode.  Just moved slower and slower.  I'm glad it's over.   

Super Contributor

@Bridgegal  I just finished the mini series also. I have not read the book but I wondered if the mini series followed the book. I enjoyed most of the episodes. The finale seemed a little far fetched to me. Her three older children were always pretty compliant with their mother's wishes. I find it hard to believe within a few minutes they would decide to burn the house and all their belongings. Joshua Jackson is a good actor. I thought his talent was wasted here. I did enjoy the series and would recommend it to others but I have no desire to read the book.

Respected Contributor

@texassunflower 

The finale was far fetched and made up.  Wasn't how the book ended.

Esteemed Contributor

I feel like I need to get the book now to see how the author intended for it to end. 🤔

Trusted Contributor

So, based on how it ends, is it worth watching? 

Trusted Contributor

@Lisa now in AZ wrote:

So, based on how it ends, is it worth watching? 

I did not read the book but I thought it good.  It started out very good but ended ok.  Maybe we can make a spoiler tab.  I would like to know how the book ended,  and I wasn't what happened to the youngest daughter,

Honored Contributor

I read and loved the book. The series is drivel. I grudgingly watched it but should have just passed on it. If I saw this show first, I don't think I'd ever pick of this book. 
What a waste. 

Trusted Contributor

HI,

I found the following link that compares how the show ended and how the book ended,

https://news.yahoo.com/little-fires-everywhere-ending-much-223000771.html