Honored Contributor

@faeriemoon... I thought the same thing you did when they said 'Will has always wanted to'....so what if he wants to.....yes I know it's a scripted show but that that was odd to say, and their parenting skills have turned me off from this 'little couple.

I always enjoyed the Johnsons....I think that is their name.....I wonder if they will be back.

Honored Contributor

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

@faeriemoon... I thought the same thing you did when they said 'Will has always wanted to'....so what if he wants to.....yes I know it's a scripted show but that that was odd to say, and their parenting skills have turned me off from this 'little couple.

I always enjoyed the Johnsons....I think that is their name.....I wonder if they will be back.

I really like the Johnstons, too, and hope to see them back again.

Honored Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ,

You are correct, reality shows are scripted, and sometimes ridiculously so.   

But with this particular show, we got to know Bill and Jen as a couple before Will and Zoey came into the picture.   It was nice to see this them achieve their dream of having a family.   For me personally, it has not been entertaining to show a very respectable professional couple show such poor parenting skills.   

I think Jen talks and reasons way too much, and the kids will become used to it and tune her out by the time they are teenagers.   The biggest stunt I ever pulled was done because I knew I could get away with it, and all that was going to happen was I would have to listen to mom’s mouth.  And that was exactly what happened, so my stunt was worth it, and 45 years later I still don’t regret it.   

I feel Bill will always have the stronger bond with the children, but between playmate and Fun Dad, he needs to develop that tone in his voice that his children recognize immediately, pay attention to, and know dad means business.   My dad had a way of saying my name that made the hair stand up on my neck, and my mom still has a way of saying my name that I dread hearing the words that are coming next!   

Respected Contributor

She seems like a person where Mother Hood doesn't come naturally. And she has acceptance issues Her nerves are just rattled, and I think she is afraid that Motherhood could end for her.They are unsure how to correct those kids, they both scare me with their temper to Jen. I really think Jen try's hard to be a good Mom.

Honored Contributor

IMO The Seven Little Johnstons are the best out of all the multiple kid series They  are so real and very funny. The things the kids say and do keeps me laughing through each episode. I do hope to see them back soon. I was just thinking about them recently.

Esteemed Contributor

I loved the show when it was just Jen and Bill .   I havent enjoyed watching the kids as I feel they are so undisciplined and bratty it annoys me to watch them.  Both of the children have bad tempers as well.   When these kids become teenagers all I can say is God help Jen and Bill !   Not sure I will still watch .  May tune in to see if anything has changed   

Honored Contributor

I think i will skip watching the new season/

But off topic..

I'm hoping that the Johnston    family also returns...i miss them.Heart

preds 06-21-20
"Always be thankful andyou'll have more than you know."
Respected Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

I'm so glad they will be back!  I've been wondering for so long.  Imagine how much the kids have grown with their vocabulary, and changed.   I will look forward to it. 

Anything on when?   I do have a Pass on my Tivo, but it's nice to know when you're looking forward to something.  Smiley Very Happy

TIVO?   Wasn't that from 10 plus years ago.  No on demand?  Seriously, I remember programming the recording on certain shows on my VCR... with VHS tapes.

Honored Contributor
No one said anything about a doll house lol. I just thought the house was huge for 4 people. I said I was a minimalist. Lol it just looks huge to me that's all. Not sure where doll house came from.
Honored Contributor

Speaking of the Johnstons, I wonder if they ever found a house and moved.  If I remember correctly, they left us believing their deal fell through. 

I think they have their hands full with Anna; even more than they reveal in the show.  (And to be fair, Alex is just as bratty as Will and Zoey.)

I like both shows, but they both have their moments.