Occasional Contributor
The clips for next weeks Project Runway All Stars showed Lisa Robertson as a guest judge. She ought to be good.
Respected Contributor

I saw this on the Beauty Banter thread but people are so snarky over there sometimes, I thought I would ask this question here. Sorry to be so dumb, but I don't know anything about Project Runway. Is it something outside of QVC? And what channel is it on? I'd like to watch it.

Respected Contributor

Project Runway is a reality tv show where contestants compete against each other creating clothes, but they have limitations such as budget, the type of material they can use, how much time to make the outfit, etc.

Right now the show Seajay is referring to is Project Runway All-stars. These are contestants that were on previous seasons of PR and have been asked back to compete again.

Alissa Milano is the current host, on the regular show it's Heidi Klum. Alissa and 3 others judge the contestants and the one who gets the lowest marks goes home. Lisa Robertson will be the guest judge on next week's show. When the contestants make their outfits, there is always an "accessory wall" for them to choose items, such as shoes, purses, etc. This year the wall is sponsored by QVC and I'm sure that's why Lisa is on there to represent QVC (taped before she left, I'm sure).

There have been several winners from the show that have gone on to make a name for themselves - the one that comes to mind is Christian Siriano. When I watch Red Carpet shows, several Hollywood stars wear his things. Heidi Klum is a big supporter of his.

The show is on Lifetime, Thursdays at 9:00 PM EST. If you like fashion or reality shows, then you would probably like this one.

Formerly lainey since Shop Talk days. Had to change nickname due to new Forum
Honored Contributor

This is Project Runway Stars, designers who have already been on Project runway, but didn't win, not the original Project Runway, which will be returning before too long.

Honored Contributor

Thanks for explaining this. I didn't know the difference or even understand the premise of the program.

You explained it in a way that even I could understand.

Esteemed Contributor

From the clip it looks like she is wearing a brown GILI jacket.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Respected Contributor
On 1/16/2015 mousiegirl said:

This is Project Runway Stars, designers who have already been on Project runway, but didn't win, not the original Project Runway, which will be returning before too long.

This season of All Stars does have past winners - Dmitry won season 10 and Michelle won season 11.

Formerly lainey since Shop Talk days. Had to change nickname due to new Forum
Honored Contributor

I bought my 34 year old daughter the huge GILI black purse. She wanted it, so I had it sent to her.

She's tall (5'10") so she's able to carry it off because it's huge.

Respected Contributor

lainey, I appreciate that you explained it so thoroughly. I don't watch reality shows and I guess that's why this has never been on my radar, but I am interested in seeing Lisa. Thanks for giving me the channel and the time it's on.

Honored Contributor

I'm going to to the DVR and see it. Thanks lainey, I'd have never found it.{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}