Respected Contributor

Re: Lisa Robertson in soap commercial!

She's never done a TV commercial before?

What is QVC, but non-stop TV commercials?

Honored Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

@KLevineFanMakes a weird sort of sense to me because it's a way for her to expand to a different fan base.  Who knows who any of the hosts or ex-hosts are if they don't watch the shopping channels?

Way back in the early 1980's, I met a fellow who was working as an actor.  Although he worked enough to pay dues to Actor's Equity, at the time I met him one of his best sources of income was coming from acting as a dentist in a toothpaste commercial!  He got a residual every time his ad appeared.

Our neighbor when I was growing up somehow lucked out and she appeared in a Bounty paper towel commercial. I am now retired, so it was many years ago. She got $50 everytime the commercial aired locally and $150 when the commercial was shown nationally. The commercial appeared quite often so they weren't our neighbor for very long. They moved to a roomier house with lots of ground.

Honored Contributor

It looks like an infomercial.  I thought she'd be doing a lot of  them in her post QVC life.  

With her experience, she'd be perfect for that.  

Honored Contributor

Is this a commercial or an infomercial?

I've never heard of that soap.  Maybe it's local to PA?

Respected Contributor

Saw it on one of those rerun channels.  It was a commercial.  She looked good . 

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@Lipstickdiva I was wondering the same thing

Honored Contributor

@bdoby wrote:

Isn't she the one who left TV because she was being stalked.   Well hello, putting yourself back in the public on TV , is that really the answer.

@bdoby 

Huh?  The stalker was reported to be even waiting  around the QVC studios, and was a real fruitcake.  At least with a previously recorded commercial, there's no way to follow her.   No woman should ever have to hide.

Honored Contributor

@Bri369 wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@Lipstickdiva I was wondering the same thing

I think it’s one of those 3 minute infomercials. I’ve never heard of it, either.

Super Contributor

Fact!  18k gold over sterling silver and a price tag of $500+.  Seriously.  18k over sterling is plated and in a short while the plating can begin to come off.  Go to a high end jewelry store and ask what the actual value of 18k over sterling item.  May want to ask how long before the plating begins to come off.  And remember sterling silver tarnishes so future tarnishing could be a problem.  Products can be misleading, isn't an investment piece. 

Honored Contributor

@Sadie45 wrote:

Fact!  18k gold over sterling silver and a price tag of $500+.  Seriously.  18k over sterling is plated and in a short while the plating can begin to come off.  Go to a high end jewelry store and ask what the actual value of 18k over sterling item.  May want to ask how long before the plating begins to come off.  And remember sterling silver tarnishes so future tarnishing could be a problem.  Products can be misleading, isn't an investment piece. 

@Sadie45   think you're in the wrong forum. This has nothing to do with soap.

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.