Esteemed Contributor

DH & I saw it over the weekend.We loved it!!

Respected Contributor

i do think that the first part of this version is "darker" due to the realism of the animals. i would question whether this is appropriate for small children. i'd stick with the animated form.

this remake has its moments -  but nothing can approach the theater production!

Honored Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

I saw it with my 6 and 8 year old grandbabies.  We all enjoyed and loved it.  Beautiful music - great movie.

They want to see it again.

@San Antonio Gal . Since you have seen it , what do you think about a 3 year old?

@CANDLEQUEEN  - Since this version is more life-like and not animated, I think some of the scenes may be a little too intense for a 3 year old.  The fighting, the death scenes, and the hyenas may be a bit scary to a 3 year old. 

There are a lot of "parent" reviews out there to read  that may give you more insight from a parental point of view.  Whatever you decide, you know your 3 year old better than anyone and I'm sure you'll make the right decision.

@San Antonio Gal . Thank-you for your insight! Appreciate it..

Esteemed Contributor

@Catch71 : I took my grands (6&8 yr old boys) and they loved it. My Son and I enjoyed it (but not as much as the musical; which is fantastic). I wouldn't take the three yr old (I suspect she'd be frightened or just not understand.

Occasional Contributor

You can get more details in this movie from here

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6105098/

Contributor
Loved it!
Respected Contributor

Saw it last night with my son, cousin and her kids. There were many little kids in the theatre, none of them seemed afraid. They did an amazing job with the animals. Loved the movie. Although nothing compares to the original this was great. Even though I know Simba is a lion, when he was a cub I just kept picturing my little puppy. So cute.