Honored Contributor

I just caught this line in One More Tomorrow (1946) while walking by the tv.

"I wasn't born yesterday, you know."

"Well, certainly the day before."

I mean, it doesn't compare to "Play it once, Sam" (not: play it 'again'), but rather memorable.

There are just so many amazing lines in movies. Does anyone have any that aren't necessarily famous, but clever in some way?

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

The lines I love are from Jaws, "you're gonna need a bigger boat", A League Of Their Own,"there's no crying in baseball", and Dirty Dancing "no one puts Baby in the corner".

Trusted Contributor

Slide2418.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

My favorite was said by Bette Davis in All About Eve.  "Fasten your seat belts.  It's going to be a bumpy night."

Esteemed Contributor

Sleepless in Seattle when Meg Ryan is breaking up with Walter on Valentine's Day. She sees a "sign" lit on the Empire State Building and says "Walter, I just have to go".

It'll resonate with every girl who has ever been with the wrong guy but can't put into words why it's all wrong.

Honored Contributor

From His Girl Friday:

Bruce Baldwin:  "He's got a lot of charm."

Hildy Johnson:  "Well, he comes by it naturally - his grandfather was a snake."

Honored Contributor

S.I.N.G. from Miss Congeniality with Sandra Bullock

meaning:

solarplex

instep

nose

groin

Where to hit someone in self-defense.

I always tried to remember this but never can. Also have watched this movie and part 2 so many times!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Esteemed Contributor

When we were stationed all over we used to quote:  Toto, we’re not in Kansas anymore. But lately I like : You talkin’ to me?

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Esteemed Contributor

@Nancy Drew  Hahahaha, that "you talkin' to me?" line is a good one.  Makes me think of a line from Goodfellas.  I can't remember it exactly and I don't remember who said it, but it's something like this..........  You think I'm funny?  Do I make you laugh? Am I a clown to you?  etc, etc.  

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Lines from movies

[ Edited ]

Rhett Butler (ClarkGable) in Gone With The Wind”Frankly my dear,I don’t give a d**n”. I love that line!!