[ Edited ]

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YWiBLHto_ik

“Lindsey Buckingham - “Big Love”

Talk about fast fingers!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Lindsay Buckingham (Fleetwood Mac) Flying Solo

@ Montana 

Oh, to have such gifts!

I read not long ago that he and Christine McVie had done an album together.  

Such fab music!

Respected Contributor

Such a huge talent, love him!

Respected Contributor

I think he was let go from Fleetwood Mac last year as he didn't want to tour, so now he's solo. I saw a a concert from, I think, 1998 on PBS and I was just blown away. Hoping they all will do well in whatever their endeavors are.

Honored Contributor

I've seen Fleetwood Mac 3 times. we were going to go a 4th time but when Lindsay was no longer in the band we decided against it. He can not be replaced.....especially at their ages.

He is fantastic to watch in person. BIG LOVE was always my favorite part of the concert.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

His talent is amazing!!!!  Very few have ever played at his level.  Having seen the original Fleetwood Mac several times, I just have no desire to see them without Lindsey.  We did see Lindsey and Christine on tour about 2 years ago.  The music from their joint album was good, but, the place lit up when they went back to their old songs, especially thise from The Dance album.

I did read that he had emergency surgery last year.  I wish him well.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I believe he's done solo work several times before... And, just as a point of information, the 'original' Fleetwood Mac goes back well beyond the additions of Buckingham and Nicks... They were a solid band before those two joined, though it was their presence that launched the group into superstardom... My favorite album of theirs is Bare Trees, which predates the Buckingham and Nicks era...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Stevie didn't want him on tour.

She has issues and she needs to get over it already after 50 years.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@stevieb wrote:

the 'original' Fleetwood Mac goes back well beyond the additions of Buckingham and Nicks... They were a solid band before those two joined, though it was their presence that launched the group into superstardom... My favorite album of theirs is Bare Trees, which predates the Buckingham and Nicks era...

I go back with the original Fleetwood Mac which was pretty much a straight blues outfit playing Elmore James type blues music, to "English Rose" (the photo on the album cover is a hoot) on vinyl (1968-69?)  It had the original version of "Black Magic Woman" on it which predates the version by Santana by a couple of years.  I took an art class in college & 2 guys would bring records to play during class in a battle of American vs. English blues bands.  I learned more about blues music that semester than I did about art! 

The English blues band loving guy worked for Sight & Sound Productions, an L.A. concert promoter & he turned us on to Led Zeppelin before their 1st album came out in the states & regaled us with stories about their adventures on the road during their initial tour before anyone knew who they were!

Respected Contributor

Re: Lindsey Buckingham (Fleetwood Mac) Flying Solo

That was wonderful to watch! I think the music industry is very hard.... Yes, I did read about the falling out.... 

-Do Not Copy Pls-