Honored Contributor

Re: Linda Evangelista - Horribly Disfigured

Horribly disfigured???   Hardly!  There are probably thousands of middle to older age women out there with the same amount of back fat.  

Before I judge I would want to see before and after pics.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

Last night I read she's already had two surgeries done to try and correct it and they were unsuccessful.

Esteemed Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Puppy Lips wrote:

@colliemom4 wrote:

She receives 56,000 a month child support from her child's billionaire father though they were never married. He's now married to Selma Hayek.

Well that is one expensive child!

If she were warned about possible side effects, and signed a waiver, which I thought all reputable clinics would do, then does she have a basis for winning a lawsuit?  Sometimes doctors can tell you things and you don't really pay attention.  And many people don't read all the forms they sign at the doctor's offices.

@Puppy Lips 

She is suing the company who makes the equipment, not the clinic where she had the procedure done.

@SilleeMee I understand that.  But won't any waiver cover the equipment, meds, whatever was used, during the procedure?

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Puppy Lips wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Puppy Lips wrote:

@colliemom4 wrote:

She receives 56,000 a month child support from her child's billionaire father though they were never married. He's now married to Selma Hayek.

Well that is one expensive child!

If she were warned about possible side effects, and signed a waiver, which I thought all reputable clinics would do, then does she have a basis for winning a lawsuit?  Sometimes doctors can tell you things and you don't really pay attention.  And many people don't read all the forms they sign at the doctor's offices.

@Puppy Lips 

She is suing the company who makes the equipment, not the clinic where she had the procedure done.

@SilleeMee I understand that.  But won't any waiver cover the equipment, meds, whatever was used, during the procedure?

@Puppy Lips 

Maybe?? I don't know for sure. But I have a friend who runs a cosmetic procedure center where they use that CoolSculpting equipment and the techs who use it are trained by the company who makes it plus there are special CoolSculpting maintenance/repair techs, not employed by that clinic, who come and do calibrating and other things to keep the equipment up to standards. It's complicated in other words. 

Honored Contributor

Look at Khloe Kardashian with those Botoxed lips (she does the commercials for that migraine prescription drug).....does she really think that look is attractive!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

From what I understand the problems people experience are noticed about 6 months after these type of procedures. Less that 1% of people reportedly experience issues and the lumps they develop are hard lumps and not soft fat. This reminds me of a botched episode where women were coming in with botched Brazilian butt lifts and they said it felt like concrete was inside their butt.

Honored Contributor

@Imaoldhippie - Read the articles on it.  It's not, as has been said several times before, just "back fat".

And her career, her way of making a living, was as a model.  The adverse reaction to this procedure destroyed that.

If it was something that could be corrected with a simple fix, that would be one thing, but it's not.  (The photos are out there.)