Honored Contributor

Re: Linda Evangelista - Horribly Disfigured

@Puppy Lips wrote:

Just another reason, in my opinion, to leave well enough alone.  Take care of yourself and let nature take its course.  These women (and some men) "celebrities" who do procedures to keep themselves young looking, often end up looking ridiculous. 

If I were a famous person, I would rather age gracefully with people commenting that I am "aging," than have surgeries where I look unnatural and not myself and people make fun of me.

@Puppy Lips 

I totally agree,  they start these treatments and then as time goes on they look worse than if nature took its natural course!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@mousiegirl @It is not a lipoma. It is a lump caused by the condition paradoxical adipose hyperplasia.

Respected Contributor

wow i truly feel bad for her.  listened to the podcast. she has a very youthful sounding voice; on the verge of tears as she told her story.  she wanted to be able to fit into dresses for a fashion show several years ago, Versace?   but the coolsculpting had gone so horribly wrong.   hopefully she can get past this as she seems extremely depressed. she doesn't like to do any of her hobbies anymore and doesnt see anyone...

Respected Contributor

@Puppy Lips wrote:

@colliemom4 wrote:

She receives 56,000 a month child support from her child's billionaire father though they were never married. He's now married to Selma Hayek.

Well that is one expensive child!

If she were warned about possible side effects, and signed a waiver, which I thought all reputable clinics would do, then does she have a basis for winning a lawsuit?  Sometimes doctors can tell you things and you don't really pay attention.  And many people don't read all the forms they sign at the doctor's offices.

It seems like this is common procedure nowadays - I just went to my dentist and I was given a form listing all sorts of things that could go wrong and they asked me to sign it.  You either sign it or you don't get your mouth fixed.  Obviously, in any medical procedure something out of the ordinary can happen, but I don't think you should have to sign your life away if indeed it does.  It's not like she's lying about it, she's got a legitimate claim which affects her deeply.

She was simply gorgeous back in the day and I imagine this depresses her a great deal.

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Esteemed Contributor

I guess this is devasting as it would be for anyone, but maybe especially for a woman who has depended on her body and face to make a living and is use to the accolades for her body and face.

It's now over. Unlike the other suprmodels from her day, she didn't spin off into anything else but modeling.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@violann wrote:

I think "devastation" exists for many reasons, and "disfigurement" as well, but honestly, she doesn't even remotely rise to the level of either in my opinion.

She actually seems to be someone who is a little out of touch with how the other half lives. 

Have you looked at the recently released photos?  It's not her face that was affected.  And heard what doctors say about the hardened bulges now protruding from areas of her body?  It's not just soft fat.

She can't even bring her arms flat against her sides because of the deformed areas.  I'd say that's pretty devastating.  She's stayed in seclusion for five years because of the physical and emotional trauma.  I'd say that's pretty devastating.

Depression on its own can be debilitating and she's talked about how it affected her young son.  I don't think she's at all out of touch with how the other half lives.  I'd say she's trying to come to terms with something that completely, permanently changed her life.

Respected Contributor

I wish the best for Linda.  These types of fat-reducing treatments have always concerned me.  She has a right to sue for physical and mental suffering, not for loss of income.

Honored Contributor

@Venezia"she wanted to be able to fit into dresses for a fashion show several years ago, Versace?   but the coolsculpting had gone so horribly wrong. "

From reading this thread, I assumed she had the sculpting recently sometime between 2020-2022.  So I did some digging & found this....

"seven sessions she underwent in 2015-16."

Wonder why she waitied so long to file suit?  Is it a medical malpractice suit?  In California, the SOL is 1-3 yrs.

The same article also mentioned this.....

She says she’s agoraphobic."

I am assuming the court proceeding(s) if any will be on Zoom if the statement is true.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

I have not seen any pictures but I wonder how much research went into selecting a doctor.  You can't cut corners when it comes to plastic surgery or any surgery.  Hopefully, she can get to the doctors on Botched to help her.  Very sad story.

@Katcat1 

A friend of mine went to a plastic surgeon who was a true artist ... literally.   He was a very gifted sculptor, and mostly created busts ... the face and shoulders.  

Based on the three women I know who went to him, I must say, his plastic surgery was truly amazing.  If I was going to get some work done, it would be with him, no matter how long the waiting list!

Honored Contributor

@Love my grandkids wrote:

@colliemom4 And what does that have to do with the surgery?

@Love my grandkids 

LOL ... I was wondering the same thing ....  Woman Wink