Respected Contributor

Re: Linda Evangelista - Horribly Disfigured

This is not the first time I have heard of this kind of side effect from cool sculpting.  Im a chicken s*** and will just keep what I have!  I will continue to maintain my weight, keep running and biking and pray I can stay healthy enough to do it well into advanced age. My dad was a senior Olympic swimmer up until age 91. He's now 95 and while swimming became a bit much for him, he still walks when weather permits. He has never been overweight in his life.

and I will gracefully accept the crinkles life has given me, as my mom and all the women in my family have. 

Honored Contributor

She receives 56,000 a month child support from her child's billionaire father though they were never married. He's now married to Selma Hayek.

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@Venezia  She is 56 and not a top model anymore. She is OLD in the modeling world...hopefully she saved some money for old age.

@SeaMaiden - Many of the models in her super-model group (same age) are still working and being paid a lot of money to do so.  She was considered the top model of that group, with the most covers of Vogue (still).  She was still working for the world's top brands until 2010, when she abruptly stopped.  Now we know why.

Models far older than her are now earning a very good living.  Times have changed, thankfully.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee Thank you.  Originally, when I first saw her starting to talk about this, she indicated she was suing the clinic that carried out the procedure, for not having warned her about possible disastrous side effects.

If it's the company she's suing, I stand corrected.  Either way, I still applaud her for coming forward and doing so.  She's suffered terrible emotional distress, along with the physical disfigurement.

Esteemed Contributor

@colliemom4 wrote:

She receives 56,000 a month child support from her child's billionaire father though they were never married. He's now married to Selma Hayek.

Well that is one expensive child!

If she were warned about possible side effects, and signed a waiver, which I thought all reputable clinics would do, then does she have a basis for winning a lawsuit?  Sometimes doctors can tell you things and you don't really pay attention.  And many people don't read all the forms they sign at the doctor's offices.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

@Puppy Lips wrote:

@colliemom4 wrote:

If she were warned about possible side effects, and signed a waiver, which I thought all reputable clinics would do, then does she have a basis for winning a lawsuit?  Sometimes doctors can tell you things and you don't really pay attention.  And many people don't read all the forms they sign at the doctor's offices.

@Puppy Lips 

She is suing the company who makes the equipment, not the clinic where she had the procedure done.

Honored Contributor

@Puppy Lips wrote:

@colliemom4 wrote:

I think the waiver for these businesses is pretty comprehensive and as fate as it can be, pretty airtight. I saw the spiel for this one time on TV (there's a local "clinic" that was featured in the add) and there was specific mention of this condition. 

I think "devastation" exists for many reasons, and "disfigurement" as well, but honestly, she doesn't even remotely rise to the level of either in my opinion.

She actually seems to be someone who is a little out of touch with how the other half lives. 

Honored Contributor

@colliemom4 And what does that have to do with the surgery?

Honored Contributor

I believe what happened to her is a rare side effect of the procedure.  I assume she signed a waiver, so I'm not sure what the outcome of her lawsuit will be.  

It's unfortunate, but these procedures are not fool proof. 

Trusted Contributor

Re Linda Evangelista - Horribly Disfigured

Wasn't there a TV show about this very thing?  I think it was on the Resident.