Super Contributor

Linda Evangelista - Horribly Disfigured

When I first read about her story, my heart couldn't help but go out to her, especially when she described how disfiguring her injuries were following surgery.  However, I don't know about anyone else, but when I happen to see her pictures witthout any caption, I just thought she was an average person who appeared slightly overweight.  Once I read that it was, in fact, Linda E., I looked closer at the pictures which showed a woman with a slight double-chin and back bra fat. 

Maybe, I haven't seen the worse of the pictures.  Also, I'm wondering what size was she before she decided to go for these procedures.

I guess from a supermodel's perspective, her appearance is devastating.  However, I still see an attractive woman.

Honored Contributor

Re: Linda Evangelista - Horribly Disfigured

[ Edited ]

@Indra @A photo was just released two days ago. It showed one area of her disfigurement. There is a giant lump or bulge5FC921B7-AF5E-4860-AEF7-CCCB50016B30.jpeg, the size of a C+ cup breast extending out from her side, under her arm. She can't even put her arm down. This side effect of the treatment might not be common, but disfiguring is not a strong enough term to describe what I could see in the photo. It is not the only bulge she has and she has already undergone two treatments to reduce them. The side effect is called paradoxical adipose hyperplasia.

Honored Contributor

I have not seen any pictures but I wonder how much research went into selecting a doctor.  You can't cut corners when it comes to plastic surgery or any surgery.  Hopefully, she can get to the doctors on Botched to help her.  Very sad story.

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

Just another reason, in my opinion, to leave well enough alone.  Take care of yourself and let nature take its course.  These women (and some men) "celebrities" who do procedures to keep themselves young looking, often end up looking ridiculous. 

If I were a famous person, I would rather age gracefully with people commenting that I am "aging," than have surgeries where I look unnatural and not myself and people make fun of me.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 wrote:

I have not seen any pictures but I wonder how much research went into selecting a doctor.  You can't cut corners when it comes to plastic surgery or any surgery.  Hopefully, she can get to the doctors on Botched to help her.  Very sad story.

She did not have any kind of surgery. She had a non-invasive fat-reduction procedure using CoolSculpting who she is suing.

Honored Contributor

Maybe the lump is a lipoma, which is fat usually, which can be removed, but would leave a thin line scar.  I have seen such a lump on Dr. Pimple Popper.

Honored Contributor

I read an article about this late last year. She said she was depressed and had gained a lot of weight so she had these procedures done. I've seen pics of her and it does look like she's gained weight but I don't think she looks that bad.

My derm is constantly e-mailing me info about having cool sculpting done when I've never expressed interest in it. They do packages around the holidays. I keep putting them in my spam folder but I just received it again around Valentines Day. I guess I'm going to have to block these people. They even sent one to my husband. I think some doctors spend a lot of money on the equipment and really push it.

Honored Contributor

She didn't "cut corners" and go to a cheap clinic.  She went to one with a top-notch reputation.

What appears to be just a fatty bulge is actually a hard "deposit" about which she was told nothing can be done.  She's one of the "rare" cases of an adverse reaction to the Cool Sculpting procedure.

She has these deposits all over her body.  I say good for her suing the clinic, but it's not going to even begin to help her get back any semblance of normal, and her career as a top model is over.

I truly hope that, with the passage of time (it's been 5 years), they will have found a procedure that will help her.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Venezia wrote:

She didn't "cut corners" and go to a cheap clinic.  She went to one with a top-notch reputation.

What appears to be just a fatty bulge is actually a hard "deposit" about which she was told nothing can be done.  She's one of the "rare" cases of an adverse reaction to the Cool Sculpting procedure.

She has these deposits all over her body.  I say good for her suing the clinic, but it's not going to even begin to help her get back any semblance of normal, and her career as a top model is over.

I truly hope that, with the passage of time (it's been 5 years), they will have found a procedure that will help her.

She is not suing the clinic. She is suing the company who makes the CoolSculpting equipment, Zeltiq Aesthetics.

Honored Contributor

@Venezia wrote:

@Venezia  She is 56 and not a top model anymore. She is OLD in the modeling world...hopefully she saved some money for old age.