Honored Contributor

Lincoln car commercial with goat yoga

[ Edited ]

This commercial puzzles me a bit.

A woman drives up to her home in her Lincoln, opens her front door to find her parents have arrived early and are practicing goat yoga in her living room.

She promptly goes back outside to sit in her car.

Is she just rude, or is she compounding her rudeness by not taking her upset little dog with her?

ETA: Please don't take this too seriously.  I'm aware of marketing techniques and exactly why a car company would make a commercial like this.  Or why any company makes commercials in the first place. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRbguI3NCEY

Image result for lincoln wish list goat yoga commercial"

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Lincoln car commercial with goat yoga

My guess is that the advertising dept didn't even consider rudeness.  They probably just wanted to show case the comfort of the car.  Most commercials today are only focused on that particular product;  few of them look at the whole picture.

Honored Contributor

Maybe I'm twisted, but I find it funny. Your parents doing goat yoga has to give you pause. Plus you remembered it, so it's a win for the company.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

I find these types of ads cheap shots. It's always easy to criticize parents, or even worse, in-laws. Some families have good relationships with parents. And just because people are older doesn't make them nuts, as in goat yoga. If others enjoy these commercials, that's fine. I am not offended. I just think it's an easy fall-back stéréotype for ad people to exploit.

Respected Contributor

I think it is hilarious.  She has two goats in her living room.  What would you do?  

Honored Contributor

I saw that commercial. I also thought it was funny.  Goat Yoga. LOL!!!

Honored Contributor

It's a silly commercial, I totally understand the commercial.  It's your question and your concern that I don't understand....LOL   I've seen that commercial 40 times and I never knew the daughter had a dog until now....LOL    I don't think she's being rude to the commercial dog, I think the dog is perfectly content sitting there watching the goats and his grandparents....LOL   

Respected Contributor

So funny - I loved it, too.

Thats exactly the kind of mess my kids (pun intended) would love to catch me in.   Hahaha 

Esteemed Contributor

@Hippiified wrote:

I think it is hilarious.  She has two goats in her living room.  What would you do?  

And their names are Steve and Mark!

Honored Contributor

All I know is this ad wouldn't influence me to buy a Lincoln.