Respected Contributor

Re: Lincoln car commercial with goat yoga

I never saw the commercial before.  That said, if I found my parents doing goat yoga in my living room, I'd make a U-turn right back into the serenity of my car too.  Woman LOL

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Honored Contributor

I don't even know what 'goat yoga' is...much less understand what that has to do with a car.

Respected Contributor

@Foxxee wrote:

All I know is this ad wouldn't influence me to buy a Lincoln.  

I find that about many ads these days. 

Honored Contributor

That commercial makes me laugh.  It wouldn't influence me to buy a Lincoln though.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

If my kids walked in my house or my son's house and found me doing goat yoga.

Their first reaction would be "When did you start doing yoga." followed by "I'm not cleaning that up."

Also DD would want to hold the goats.

I think it's funny but it wouldn't make me want to buy any car.

Respected Contributor

you know, i've seen that commercial so many times, and i have been wondering who is who.  i had no idea that it was the daughter walking into her own home  OR that it was her parents doing the yoga.   did they mention 'mom and dad' someplace and i just missed it?   i have been trying to make some sense out of this and wondering how the heck these peeps were connected.  thanks for clarity ... and i agree that it would not in any way influence me to buy an automobile of ANY kind. 

Frequent Contributor

I’m glad i’m not the only family who asked “What is the point of this commercial?”

On the other hand, I really have enjoyed the new Dodge commercial.  It has attitude.

Honored Contributor

The first thing I thought of after seeing this commercial is jump ahead 10 years down the road, this woman probably won't have her parents anymore. She will wish she had spent time with them, goats and all, instead of sulking in her car in the driveway. Geesh.

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

How is the commercial "puzzling"?

Lincoln is saying their cars can be your "sanctuary."  The woman walks into her home and finds her parents doing goat yoga.  Her home is no longer her sanctuary.  Her car is.  

Respected Contributor

BOOM 👆👆👆👆👆👆💪