Honored Contributor

Lifetime's Harry and Meghan movie

A Royal Romance (Harry and Meghan) on Lifetime was actually quite good.  Lifetime did an admirable job in choosing its two stars.  They enacted the voices and mannerisms very well.  It takes the pair through the first date, to Botswana a couple of times, the proposal on bended knee in their kitchen, and meeting the queen.  No, it wasn't all exactly as it happened, but it is a movie after all, not a documentary.

The movie will be repeated a few times this week.  My listings show Tuesday (tonight) and Thursday evenings.

At Pippa's wedding reception (Will, Kate, Meghan, Harry):

Image result for lifetime harry and meghan movie

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

Re: Lifetime's Harry and Meghan movie

We watched it last night and then switched to PBS for the specials from Windsor Castle this week. Thoroughly enjoying reading and hearing about the history of royalty. I pray for an uneventful wedding for Prince Harry and Meghan.

Honored Contributor

I thought some parts were terrible - they had to have made up a lot of it, mostly the fights Meghan provoked with Harry.   To create drama.  And that lion appearing in Africa as "Diana" was weird (and also probably made up, for drama).

I did think the acting was better than usual in these films, and that the Harry and Meghan actors looked just like the real Harry and Meghan.

Honored Contributor

I loved the Diana as lion part.  It was symbolic.  It was better than using some sort of ghostly image.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Respected Contributor

I think it is beyond creepy to do a fictionalized version of the lives of living, breathing people.  

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Honored Contributor

I enjoyed it too, and I thought the actors were good, except the one that played Prince William.

A few things bothered me:

1. They portrayed William as a weaker husband whose wife makes all of the decisions. I doubt that's the case, but of course none of us knows the real story!

2. Kate tells Meghan she's expecting #3 before she tells even her "ladies in waiting." OK - Sure.

3. What about Kate and William's "friend" Arabella? Wow. She's a piece of work. IRL she supposedly dated William and was the only person Kate was jealous of. 

4. They went out of their way to portray Camilla in a positive light, especially with the exchange with Prince Harry. Harry is talking to Camilla and Charles and says something like 'After everything that has happened to you two, you should have been together from the start.' Camilla says something like ' But then you wouldn't exist, and the world would be a far less wonderful place.'

Excuse me while I gag after #4! Smiley Wink

Valued Contributor

kind of phony when Harry showed up in LA to get Megan. doubt they would allow that one to happen. 

Honored Contributor

@beach-mom wrote:

I enjoyed it too, and I thought the actors were good, except the one that played Prince William.

A few things bothered me:

1. They portrayed William as a weaker husband whose wife makes all of the decisions. I doubt that's the case, but of course none of us knows the real story!

2. Kate tells Meghan she's expecting #3 before she tells even her "ladies in waiting." OK - Sure.

3. What about Kate and William's "friend" Arabella? Wow. She's a piece of work. IRL she supposedly dated William and was the only person Kate was jealous of. 

4. They went out of their way to portray Camilla in a positive light, especially with the exchange with Prince Harry. Harry is talking to Camilla and Charles and says something like 'After everything that has happened to you two, you should have been together from the start.' Camilla says something like ' But then you wouldn't exist, and the world would be a far less wonderful place.'

Excuse me while I gag after #4! Smiley Wink

Ditto for Kate telling her hairdresser that she's dating Prince Harry and expecting him not to tell anyone.  Yeah, right.

Valued Contributor

I thought they portrayed William and Kate as rather uncaring and stiff (Kate said she felt like a "baby maker").  Also, QE II made a big deal about pointing out that Queen Charlotte had "Black blood"  and thus QE II did also.  Very strange.....

That being said, I think Harry and Meghan are very much in love!

Honored Contributor

@GingerPeach wrote:

I loved the Diana as lion part.  It was symbolic.  It was better than using some sort of ghostly image.

that is what that was?