Respected Contributor

Re: Lifetime Movie: Will Ferrell "A Deadly Adoption"

I watched it and all I can say is that Will Farrell should stick to comedy.  I just could not take him seriously. 

Honored Contributor

I couldn't either and I could see where the movie was going because there've already been so many Lifetime movies just like this. Same theme, different people. I just passed this one up.

Respected Contributor

Was this supposed to be a parody of Lifetime movies or something?  I don't think Will Ferell promoted it .  Did he appear on any of the talk shows to plug this movie?

I liked it, but wasn't sure it was meant to be taken seriously.

Honored Contributor

The movie was a parody of the typical Lifetime movies, so the ending was way over the top and it's even possible that was intentional. 

I found that most of the movie was too spot on for a parody. They played an older movie the next day which was SO ridiculously over the top that it was, unintentionally, a much better parody of most Lifetime movies. It was called The Wife He Met Online, I think.

Honored Contributor

@chiclet wrote:

I watched it and all I can say is that Will Farrell should stick to comedy.  I just could not take him seriously. 

You weren't supposed to. Happy.jpg

Trusted Contributor

I have it recorded so I didn't much...will try to watch it tomorrow.

~love hard~~play hard~~be kind~~~life is short~
Esteemed Contributor

Here's an article about the parody (SPOILERS!!!!!):

http://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/news/a-deadly-adoption-recap-will-ferrell-kristen-wiig-lifet...

It mentions that this was done to celebrate Lifetime's anniversary. The actress in example #3 is from the scene I mentioned in the OP. Notice where her cut is. Smiley Happy.
Frequent Contributor

Thank you to everyone who gave a review of this movie.  After reading them, I'll save my time and not watch this.  I love Will and Kristen as comedians so I'll stick to watching them in that genre.Smiley Happy