Respected Contributor

Re: Lifetime Movie: Random Acts of Christmas

I don’t know how the production/ownership of movies works, but I wonder if a company gets s script they like, finds actors to fill slots, films, and then sells to networks or companies like Lifetime or Hallmark. With the repetition of actors in these shows, there has to be a connection.
Thanks for info on this movie - hope to see.
Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

I enjoyed the movie I find myself liking the Lifetime Christmas movies more than Hallmark this year. Except for Two Turtle Doves I think that was Hallmark Mystrey Movies. And I enjoyed Hope at Christmas. 

I'm so over the Candy, Bakery, Bookstore, Coffe Shop,  or Toy business closing and succesfull city relative coming in to save the day, rekindeling an old flame and sticking around. And just NO to anything prince, princess etc. 

Esteemed Contributor

@VaBelle35, I remember either reading an article or seeing Andrew Walker where he was saying one movie he was in on Lifetime or some other channel, he assumed it was Hallmark and didn't realize until later it wasn't.  I think they just crank them out without paying attention to where they are aired. 

Esteemed Contributor

I watched the movie last night. IMHO, it was a one time and done movie. There was no chemistry between the two actors. I liked the little boy, Jacquelyn Smith and Patrick Duffy. This was the only reason I watched. These Hallmark Movies have not been good this season. I only enjoy a few of the actors and actresses but most have very little acting talent.

Honored Contributor

@Wsmom wrote:

@VaBelle35, I remember either reading an article or seeing Andrew Walker where he was saying one movie he was in on Lifetime or some other channel, he assumed it was Hallmark and didn't realize until later it wasn't.  I think they just crank them out without paying attention to where they are aired. 

Many of the producers are also doing films for Lifetime and Ion and whatever the others are.  And they all film in Canada.

They never see the checks either!  LOL

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN