Respected Contributor

Lifetime Movie: Random Acts of Christmas

Last night I came across a nice movie on Lifetime, Random Acts of Christmas, that I very much enjoyed. I thought the two leads had good chemistry and the story was charming.

While uncovering who is behind the random acts of Christmas popping up around her city, investigative journalist, Sydney (Erin Cahill) meets a competing reporter, Cole (Kevin McGarry), who ignites her Christmas spirit and captures her heart, but may not be the man he claims to be. Also stars Jaclyn Smith and Patrick Duffy.

It's airing again tonight at 10:03pm if anyone is interested.

Valued Contributor

Re: Lifetime Movie: Random Acts of Christmas

Sounds good. Thanks for sharing.

Respected Contributor

I didn't see that one, but have watched others on Lifetime. Hallmark  and Lifetime use a lot of the same actors in their respective movies. I know the one I saw last night had Autumn Reeser and Jesse Metcalf who have been in movies on both channels. I've also seen Andrew Walker on both channels and others I can't remember at the moment.

Respected Contributor

@catter70  Yes, both channels use the same actors over and over again. It would be nice to see some fresh faces once in awhile.

I love Andrew Walker!! He's my favorite - I'll watch ANYTHING that he's in, LOL!!

Honored Contributor

Thanks for sharing this.  I just set it up to record tonight.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

@NickNack  Oh, I hope you like it!!

Honored Contributor

I didn't recognize Patrick Duffy.

I'd like to see it

I'm up to my eyeballs in Christmas movies!

Love most of them.

Honored Contributor

I was at the When Calls the Heart convention in October (it's official name is Hearties Family Reunion for those that follow that) and Kevin McGarry was acting strange about the movies he was in during the Q&A with the actors.  I think because this event was partially sponsored by Hallmark he was being careful not to mention movies he was in on other networks.  I think he also couldn't remember which movies were which and which networks they were on.  He was surprised that they were showing us the movie he made about the dog (A Very Corgi Christmas, but it's not scheduled to be shown on tv, it's straight to video).  They asked him a question about it and he didn't seem to remember the movie and sort of gave a general answer.

They go where the work is.  He's in Heartland, When Calls the Heart, had a few episodes in When Hope Calls (on Hallmark Movies Now) and is in a few holiday movies this year.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

I should add that Kevin McGarry wasn't the only one being cagey about upcoming movies.  Everyone was asked that at the meet & greet and they were all wracking their brains trying to remember what they filmed and who they filmed it for.  A couple of people would whisper, "It's on Netflix."  LOL

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

My last post on Kevin McGarry.

I didn't know much about him before he joined WCTH and was meh about him until I met him in person.

He has amazing hair.  I was obsessed with his hair.  I could not stop staring at it.  LOL

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN