Trusted Contributor

Lifetime Christmas movies better than Hallmark?

I am finding I enjoy the Lifetime movies much better. They are more creative. When watching a Hallmark Christmas movie they all have a similar theme. My son walks by and says, I can tell you how it ends. LOL

Seems to me the Hallmark ones all feature a successful NY woman who has to go back to her small hometown, or another small town to try to buy it up for her corporation. Then the woman falls in love with either a new, attractive, unmarried man or one she knew in school. Then she falls in love, stays in the small town and leaves NYC for good. Tiresome.

Honored Contributor

Re: Lifetime Christmas movies better than Hallmark?

The two I watched were pretty good, but I tend to turn to Hallmark movies.

Esteemed Contributor

I have watched quite a few on Lifetime that I enjoyed. Same happy ending but sone interesting plot lines. 

Esteemed Contributor

@geegerbee  After awhile the hot chocolate and interrupted kisses really is predictable! I don't like the same actors all the time either. 
  Lifetime seems better to me now. 
                          📺  📖

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'll have to check those out. I agree with your review of the Hallmark movies @geegerbee .

One though that is new tonight and not the usual is "Love, Lights and Hanukkah." It's pretty good!Woman Happy

I do think both channels have their good and not so good. 

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

Me too.  I find i can watch them to the end.

Trusted Contributor

@geegerbee wrote:

I am finding I enjoy the Lifetime movies much better. They are more creative. When watching a Hallmark Christmas movie they all have a similar theme. My son walks by and says, I can tell you how it ends. LOL

Seems to me the Hallmark ones all feature a successful NY woman who has to go back to her small hometown, or another small town to try to buy it up for her corporation. Then the woman falls in love with either a new, attractive, unmarried man or one she knew in school. Then she falls in love, stays in the small town and leaves NYC for good. Tiresome.

I Love the Hallmark movies and do they mostly have the same formula?  Yup and that is EXACTLY what keeps me coming back to them.  Yes I know how they are going to end but in this really MESSED up world we live in and with the year I have had, i will gladly take some predictability and happy endings.  It is Part of Hallmarks Charm and why people like me continue to go back to them.

I like some Lifetime movies as well they are just not my "Go To Channel"  right now. They might be once Hallmark goes back to the endless hours of Golden Girls, which I absolutely refuse to watch.

Trusted Contributor

This is the first year I have been able to watch the Lifetime Christmas movies and I agree with you.  I have been recording and enjoying those more than the Hallmark ones.  They definitely have different themes and don't seem as "perfect" as the Hallmark ones.  Don't get me wrong - I love both channels for Christmas, but this year and I am leaning more towards Lifetime.

The only negative to the Lifetime movies is that I feel like they don't decorate the sets as much as Hallmark does and that's something I look for.  Hallmark seems to go all out with every room and scene completely decked out for Christmas.

Valued Contributor

If you've seen one, you've seen them all. Just a bunch of CHEESY movies about boy or girl returning to small home town at Christmas and bumping into old boyfriend/girlfriend. The town is always picture perfect like a postcard. I just can't stand them. 

Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels here on earth to teach us to be better humans.
Valued Contributor

I really enjoyed the movie from Hallmark, Love at the Thanksgiving Day parade

So much I  ordered it from TCM.com