Esteemed Contributor

Re: Lifetime Chris Watts True Crime Movie

[ Edited ]

I watched the movie and Beyond the headlines. I couldn't believe someone could be so sick. To be so heartless to his daughters, he suffocated and threw them in the oil tankers. The oldest of the two daughters said to him I won't be coming back. I cried to think he was still allowed to even take another breath on this earth. They were only 3 and 4 years old. If I were his parents, I would pray someone in prison would slit his throat. Five life sentences was not enough.  My heart goes out to the parents.

Beyond the Headlines stated the children were still alive in the backseat with their   dead mother's body wrapped in sheets. How sick he must be.

Honored Contributor

What a loser and coward he is. Wish I could say what a loser and coward he WAS, but didn't he avoid the death penalty?

Respected Contributor

imo if anybody deserved the death penalty it was him.  does the state not have the death penalty?

what he did to those children is something only a monster could do.  it wasn't enough for him to murder them, but the way he disposed of the bodies is what is truly haunting.  How do the parents/grandparents, ever come to terms w/what happened to their daughter and grandchildren? 

are people making $$$ off this?

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Honored Contributor

He’s disgusting. Can’t even call him a human being. He took a plea bargain to avoid death penalty. Yes, they have the dp in Colorado.

Esteemed Contributor

Well I watched and I am glad I did. The actual killing really brought home how horrific this crime was. I am glad they showed how great her friends were in their concern and quick action, how awesome law enforcement did in getting him to confess and the recovery of the bodies. All in all I thought Lifetime did a great job. There are many true crime shows and even whole channels specializing in this subject. 

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.