Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Lifetime Channel V.C. Andrews’ Heaven

Can't watch child abuse. I read her first book, then , never went back.

Crazy people

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I started reading and collecting V C Andrews books in the 90’s (she died in 1986).  It wasn’t unusual for me to read an entire book at work on 11-7 shift.   I enjoyed every series of books she wrote, even though I knew that first book was based on a real life incident. 

After she died and the family hired a writer to take her detailed storylines to publication, I simply lost interest.   I have never enjoyed watching any of her made for TV movies, mainly due to the actors playing the lead parts.   

Honored Contributor

@Hooty wrote:

@mousiegirl , did you watch Dark Angel last night?  It was really good, but sad!   I cannot wait till next Saturday's 3rd movie in the series, but I forgot the name!  I am really enjoying this series!

@Hooty   Yes, I posted in my thread, but I see another thread was begun.  It was a loaded episode for sure, I can't wait either.  My mouth dropped open when Tony revealed his truth, didn't think of that.  Fallen Hearts is the next one, I believe.

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden , even after all the bad turn of events, it actually ended on a good note!

@mousiegirl , I was shocked about Tony, too, wonder if her "father" really knew the truth and that's why he treated her like he did?

Honored Contributor

@Hooty wrote:

@SeaMaiden , even after all the bad turn of events, it actually ended on a good note!

@mousiegirl , I was shocked about Tony, too, wonder if her "father" really knew the truth and that's why he treated her like he did?

@Hooty   The story her other Grandmother told her was that because Heaven's Mother died in child birth, he blamed her, but he also could have known, wonder if we will ever know.